Summer Camp

This summer I will be a summer camp counselor. I've worked there for several years, so I know what to expect. I don't have many choices for what I eat (but there is always a salad bar). Most days we only get a two hour break, although I am much more active than I am in the winter months, it still doesn't leave me much time to exercise. It also doesn't leave me much time to log into MFP to track my food.

I'm sick of making excuses for why I can't lose weight, and MFP has really helped me the past few weeks or so. I want to keep up the good work and continue to lose weight while I'm working at camp. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? Or one where they had very little free time/ options for food? Any tips would be great!!

Replies

• leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    I also work at a summer camp during the summer so I know exactly how you feel. This is my first time using this by I've been loving it do far. I think the best way to maintain a healthy life style at camp is just make sure you have small size portions of what ever you eat. I know my camp has kid friendly good and as always kid friendly food always isn't the best thing to be eating but last summer I ate smaller portions and between that and the on going activities of camp I lost 10 pounds. Also there are always temptations, I don't know about your camp but mine always has these amazing cookies and ice cream Sundays once a week so last summer I decided to give up deserts and it really helped only every two weeks I would have a small ice cream Sunday as a treat. Camp is about having fun and even though you won't be able to log everything you eat just being active and conscious I think is the best way to get through the crazy summer! Good luck and have fun at camp!