Mommy of three -- taking back me

SWink06
SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
Hello everyone. I am a 33 year old work from home mommy to three children, all born within a 3-1/2 year period. Unfortunately, I have an incredibly hard time losing weight while breastfeeding. I've gained over 100 pounds since I started having children. :(

Now that my youngest is 13 months, I'm ready to be me again. I'm sick of being fat. I'm sick of looking in the mirror and seeing a stranger looking back at me. My now 4-1/2 is already making innocent comments that I'm a "big mama" and is always asking me to run and play with her. But it's hard in this body.

So I'm here to take my life back and set a good example for my kids.

I'm an emotional eater so I know it's going to be a struggle. I've lost my first pound since starting this week, so that's a start. But I am a little bit at a loss as to what to do with myself when I can't use food to suppress my emotions. Tracking my calories has really made me realize just how much I've been doing that.

Can anyone else relate?

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    I can relate! I'm 34 with three kids within 5 years. I also GAINED weight while breastfeeding. I'm also an emotional eater. I started trying to lose weight a little over a year ago. I lost 40 lbs between May and Dec last year but since then I've been sort of at a stand still. I'm trying to lose about 10lbs or so still.
  • I have six kids but that took me 16 yrs LOL I can relate tho. I have about a 100 to use too. Add me if you want :) We can support each other
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Great! Thank you so much. It's nice to know I'm not completely alone. All my friends lost a ton of weight breastfeeding and they're all skinny. I sometimes feel I'm the only one struggling. It will be nice to help and support each other. :)