Ok, why is picking up babies not in strength building?

Options
Has anyone else searched for this? Surely hauling around 35 lbs (boy) and 15 lbs (girl) should count as some kind of strength training :bigsmile:

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it should.. especially is you picked hem up every day of their lives until they are full grown, especially since their weight is (hopefully) increasing
  • Rloral
    Rloral Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It may not be under strength training but there is walking carrying baby under cardio.
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Strength training is anything that uses your bodies ATP-CP energy systems to power your fast twitch muscle fibers to do work at maximal effort until your muscles give out in about 30 seconds or less.

If that definition is what occurs by lifting your 40lbs kid, then you prob have issues as thats pretty weak...

Just because something as weight to it, does NOT mean you're doing strength training. If you can take a weight, and do more than 20 reps or be active for more than 2 min of whatever movement with him, you're doing cardio.
  • jessimom
    jessimom Posts: 29
    Options
    Sort of being funny, but I did spend 45mins dashing around, lifting my son up and down off the floor and holding his arms to keep him on the gymnastic bars last night ... I broke out in a sweat from it .... Not nearly as much as c25k does, but still ;)
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I decided last week that wrestling with a hyperactive autistic 3 year old trying to keep her under control on an airplane for 4.5 hours is certainly cardio! Couldn't find it in the database, though...:tongue: