VISALUS ..WHAT DOES YOUR MEAL PLAN LOOK LIKE?

Options
:flowerforyou: Just curious I am doing 2 shakes a day and snacks and dinner and or lunch..but how often are Visalus eaters eating and what are you eating? Please no negativity needed. Just looking at options for food while I make my effort on this program. Thanks :heart:

Replies

• julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this too. I have the shake mix but have not been drinking it lately.
  • Tabatha1967
    Tabatha1967 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am back on the shakes this week. I am doing two shakes a day. Here is what my menu
    plan looks like.
    Breakfast - Vi shake I try to keep it between 300 calories or so
    snack - today was a half orange and 100 calorie snack pack
    lunch - weight watchers meal and a cup of grapes
    Supper - shake
    Still need to have a eveing snack but so far not really hungry
    I also add a teaspoon of chia seeds to my shake.
    What does your meal plan look like
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I was doing a shake at breakfast and one at lunch (each had a tsp of peanut butter, half a banana, tsp of coco powder and 8oz skim milk)
    For snacks I would do either fruit or nuts and for dinner I would just eat a small healthy meal (chicken, fish and veggies)
  • kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love my shakes! Most days I pretty much have the same thing:

Breakfast: morning shake (almond milk, strawberries or pineapples), coffee with cream
    Lunch: Progresso soup (creamy kind!), greek yogurt, mozz cheese stick
    Dinner: chicken, another shake (same as breakfast)
    Snacks: Fiber One bar, peanuts (320 calories worth!)

This is about it! I'm full and happy and have lost 22 pounds since February.
  • HealthierMe2012
    Options
    I'm doing 2 shakes a day (breakfast and lunch). Dinner has been grilling out (mostly chicken), grilled veggies, brown rice from time to time. For snacks I have been doing veggies and dip, or any of the 100 calorie packets (or making out my own 100 calorie packs - there are websites all over with great ideas) and then water or water with lemon and some sweet & low. I've also done tuna salad and crackers for a snack.

I'm still pretty new to the shakes - I'm just going into week 2, but so far, so good. I've been pleasantly surprised at how full they keep me!

ETA: I'm using almond milk instead of skim milk. Fewer calories but really it just blends up so nicely. Even using the dark chocolate almond milk, there's only 120 calories in 8oz.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Today:

Breakfast (after workout): 8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 scoops Vi, 2 scoops MuscleTech Whey Protein Powder

Snack: Nothing. I am way too full to snack at this point.

Lunch: Same as breakfast.

Snack: Nectarine, sliced cucumber

Dinner: Tacos made with:
    3 Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas (small)
    6 oz chicken, sliced/chunked, sauteed in a pan with Pam (0 cal) with a little pepper and Tony Chachere's (2 oz per taco)
    Fresh Avocado Slices (about 1/2 cup)
    Pace Mild Picante Sauce (1 Tbsp per taco)

Snack: Kroger Carbmaster Banana Cream Pie Yogurt (If I'm not too full to eat it)

Total Calories: 1445
    Carbs: 127
    Fat: 36
    Fiber: 56
    Protein: 164
    Sodium: 2,491
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I do my breakfast shake with instant coffee!! It's like I went to starbucks, and I usually do a snack in the morning-like almonds. I do my fruity shake for lunch and then another snack around 2-3 and then I come home and have dinner. This is my first week---but it's making me VERY happy!

I use almond milk as well. It's lower carb and in my fruity shakes, I add 0% plain greek yogurt to help fill me up a bit.
    Dinner is usually just about anything as long as it's not 500 carbs and I stay within my calorie range.

Hope this helps.
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Thanks folks - love some of the ideas..guess I need to grab some greek yogurt and more veggies. Are you just on shakes or do you take the vitamins too?

KBD388 great job -22 lbs!!

Mine is 730-8am breakfast - shake fave pb&j, almond milk, & vi-YUMMY
    1030-11am Snack- 100 cal Almonds
    1pm Lunch - salad
    430-5pm (gym time )- shake #2 usually duplicate
    7pm dinner- usually chicken or another salad with veggies

I'm taking in about 1400-1500 calories..I wonder does that look right to ya'll I have a lap band so bread and tortillas are hard so I try not to eat them...any other suggestions?
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I only have a shake for breakfast -- visalus, milk, fruit. Sometimes I have banana with peanut butter YUM!

Anyways, I am not much help to you, but I am a visalus user. Good luck.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a shake for breakfast. I usually add yogurt or frozen fruit to the shake. For lunch I usually have a salad and I eat a healthy dinner. If I feel like a snack during the day I have either yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit or nuts, or dry cereal
  • 180to120
    180to120 Posts: 34
    Options
    i have just started my visalus 30 day challenge. i have a shake in the morning with vanilla soy milk-only 1 1/2 cup milk and two scoops visalus. and i have steemed veggies at lunch- green giant antioxident bled(SO YUMMY WITH BARELY ANY CARBS!) and a visalus shake for dinner!! its that simple.
  • suebee506
    Options
    I'll be starting my 90 day Visalus challenge and wanted to know about how many calories are you allowing yourself a day...
    Are you folks staying with the shake in the morning and afternoon and snacking fruit, vegetables, 100 calories snacks in between?
  • angeladomet
    Options
    I have been using the Visalus Shakes for about a year and a half - and absolutely love it! I have lost 25 lbs and am looking now to build some lean muscle and really get it great shape! I vary when I have my shake, sometimes it is my breakfast - with almond milk, greek yogurt and fruit - and often it is my post work out shake - with greek yogurt, berries and almond milk! The try sorb blend of protein allows for long lasting energy and has a balance of nutrients so is great to replace any meal with it! I sometimes use it as a snack in the evening as well! Then I just mix with water and add cinnamon! The snacks between my meals and shakes are usually veggies and some form of protein! My Challenge journey has made me much more health conscious, nutritionally wise and allows me to stay well in a busy life!!! Everyone's bodies are different and some have abused their bodies with poor diet, processed foods, diet drinks and fad diets so their metabolism takes a while to kick in! Often people aren't eating enough calories when they have the shakes - in hopes of losing weight, but instead the body goes into survival mode and stores everything as fat! You have to eat to lose weight , just eat quality calories - and that is when the shake is super wonderful!!!
  • angeladomet
    Options
    That sounds about right! Just be careful that you add enough to the shake so that you are eating enough calories per day. Try not to have fruit after lunch l- unless low sugar fruits like berries. Often people who use bananas in the shakes have slower weight loss - so berries are a better choice - like blue berries. The snacks you have are important as it helps the body continue to burn - increases the metabolism! Good luck getting started - fit the shake in where it makes sense each day and don't worry if you mess up now and then - all in all , having the shakes is giving you great nutrition!!!!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    There aren’t two distinct categories of muscle where one is lean and the other is fat. When people say lean muscle, they are referring to having a decent amount of muscle while being lean at the same time. Your muscles don't grow unless they are stimulated and or forced to grow (resistance training or being somehow stressed in a way that the body is forced to adapt to). When muscles aren't stimulated or used (sedentary liftestyle) they atrophy.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When I first started with the Vi shakes I tried it twice a day but wasn't losing any weight ( I assumed not enough calories for me) so I switched to one in the morning & a salad for lunch. When I started MFP I started eating yogurt & berries for breakfast, salad for lunch & when I was going to be too short on my protein I would have a shake. I like mine with almond/coconut milk (unsweetened 45 cal) & frozen fruit. When I want chocolate I use chocolate almond milk instead of the flavor stir ins. When I finish the shake bags I have I'm going to look for some other brand with more protein. The shakes taste pretty good - but only 12g of protein isn't much.
  • juliaandava1
    Options
    I started the shakes about a month ago. I haven't lost any weight and really do not know how many caleries to eat. I have been doing a shake for breakfast and lunch and a carb free dinner. For snacks I eat either ham & a cheese stick or beef jerky. I am still tired all the time and I do not know what I am doing wrong, maybe not enough caleries. Please help.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I started the shakes about a month ago. I haven't lost any weight and really do not know how many caleries to eat. I have been doing a shake for breakfast and lunch and a carb free dinner. For snacks I eat either ham & a cheese stick or beef jerky. I am still tired all the time and I do not know what I am doing wrong, maybe not enough caleries. Please help.

Stop the magic shakes...eat real food and exercise.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

I agree. I know the poster said "no negativity", but really...........what's wrong with real food? The shakes have as many calories as tons of food options.......I just don't get it. No shakin' for this girl (unless it's my tush when I dance!!! lol)
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options

I agree. I know the poster said "no negativity", but really...........what's wrong with real food? The shakes have as many calories as tons of food options.......I just don't get it. No shakin' for this girl (unless it's my tush when I dance!!! lol)
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yes! The calories are still there. Do ppl think that liquid cals won't "stick" to them as much as cals from solid foods? I hope someone from the pro-shake camp will step in and answer this puzzling question.
    I'd so much rather eat one of my 300ish cal mini meals! Why drink a shake when you could have a huge spinach salad with 1/4 cup goat cheese, 5 large strawberries cut up on top, 1tbsp of walnuts and 1tbsp of raspberry vinegrette, for example. I feel like it's eating Summer on a plate.