starting out

nightshiftshorty
nightshiftshorty Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
where do you begin ?

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Hello! And Welcome! The best place to begin - at least for me - was with the food diary. Just adding every single thing that passes your lips! That alone is an eye opener and will go a long way towards educating you as to exactly what you are eating and how much each thing costs calorie wise.

After you have a better understanding of calories, you can begin to further analyze what you are eating. How much protein, fat, and carbs, and much more.

Read the community forums, there is a plethora of wisdom offered there. If you have questions, ask - people are very helpful here and will answer.

Honestly the ability to learn at this site is tremendous, and that knowledge will be your biggest tool for making a positive change of lifestyle!

We're glad you're here!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,133 Member
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises. :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • toyageez
    toyageez Posts: 4 Member
    whats up girl u home eating put the food down we watching u. Night shift shorty be strong u can do it!!!!!!!
  • trynhrd2lose
    trynhrd2lose Posts: 9 Member
    You start by watching what you eat. Being strong and not giving up, STAY AWAY FROM THE UNHEALTHY SNACKS. No more cheesesteaks for breakfast with a side order of cheeseburger. Stay in contact with your support person. GOOD LUCK.
  • thank you for the inspiration.Im finding just what a god send this site is. The food journal is my best friend ,although it was hard to see what and how much I was eating.Thanks for your support. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALSO:wink:
  • THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.The food diary is my best friend, although it was shocking to see what and how much food I was eating. It really keeps me focus.GOOD LUCK TO YOU :wink:
This discussion has been closed.