Can't do this alone

Options
Coco_UK
Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
Hi all

I created a profile and gave this a try a little while back and ended up drifting away.... I am back, with a few extra pounds and a lot of commitment this time, but I now I can do with support and I thought I would 'wave' hello to you all.

I have read some of your stories and saw a lot of courage and inspiration :-) Thank you all for sharing in here!

:-) x

Replies

• byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! Welcome back!
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to friend me if you need support. i just ask that occasionally you return the favor as well

*cheers* :drinker:
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! The fights not over until you give up! You can do this.
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Nobody wants to do it alone and its 1 million times harder trying to. Im all for being everyones cheerleader and being excited for them when theyre sucessfull. Its motivation when u know you have a list of friends ready and waiting to cheer you on...feel free send me a request if youd like :)
  • stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me!
    I'm also looking to give and receive support.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back :happy:
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! I am happy that you came back and didn't just give up!!! We are all here for the same reason and we don't judge or criticize unless it is constructive criticism. I am a little older than you but please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like to. I love to support, motivate and encourage others. I love getting friends and helping them. You can do this!!!

Hugs
    Bev
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do it. There are several groups to join and contests for weight loss. Just getting on here and supporting your friends will inspire you to work your hardest!
  • Cheryl4726
    Cheryl4726 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there, Glad you came back :smile:
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome back!! Feel free to add me if you would like
  • twinmom2006
    Options
    Everyone needs support...feel free to add me!
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you all soo much for your response! I am really touched.

I have been on every diet that there is out there and I know that while I can loose weight by controlling my food I eventually get back to where I was before and some. I know that the key for me is to have the support to not do this on my own and you guys have made all the difference.

At the moment I feel a little nervous, while I know that calorie counting works my head is panicking thinking that it wont work for me this time.... crazy I know!

Anyway, thanks again and I hope you all have a gorgeous day! :flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think that many of us have been there before and have tried everything we can think of but it's always too hard to stick to.

MFP has been a godsend for me because its not a "diet", I don't have to make dramatic changes - I just have to eat a bit less and move a bit more.

Of course, we all know that's what we need to do, but this tool makes it easier to see the impact of the calories in that Marsbar or that 30 min walk. Usually you can have the marsbar, you just need to do the walk. Or you just have the marsbar once a week - anything is possible, you just have to find the balance.

From someone who has "tried everything" too - my best suggestion is that you take it slowly, set up a moderate deficit (in others words don't try to survive on 1200 cals a day!) and be kind to yourself. If you screw up one day, that's OK, just try to do better the next.
  • twinmum1982
    Options
    Hi welcome back always up to give/recieve support feel free to add me if u like good luck with your journey