Where Are the New Year's Resolutioners?

Options
Carolyn_79
Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
I joined MFP in January since losing weight was one of my New Year's Resolutions. Were almost half a year into this resolution and I'm still here and still committed. I'm sure MFP gets a surge of new members every January as everyone resolves to lose but I wonder how many people stick with it. This thread is to give a big congratulations to all of us who have stayed committed to getting healthy and are going strong.

So feel free to respond and I'd love to hear how your life has changed since you've embarked on this journey. For me personally, I've lost 27 pounds and regained a confidence that I had lost. I'm physically fit and completed my first Spartan Race this past weekend. Last year I was the fat girl watching the race and this year I was the girl who completed the race! A really significant moment for me occurred after the race. I was covered in mud and old feelings got the best of me and I thought that I must look like a giant muddy blob. Then I caught a glimpse of my reflection in some glass and I looked great! Sometimes I still get surprised by my own reflection!

So congrats to everyone and let's hear your stories :smile:

Replies

• Crestinator
    Options
    Heyy there, I started with MFP and my weight loss back in January as well. Right around the mid part of January. As of right now, I am 118 pounds down, even though my ticker says otherwise. I have figured out lots of new things. I can now climb trees like a monkey as opposed to not even being able to get into them. I use to not run, ever. Now I can do 30 minute 5k's. Just today I biked 22 miles whereas before that wouldn't even have been 1 mile. I can bend much differently now, and notice wayyy more muscles than I use to have. Welp, there's my story! :P
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I started my diet in mid-December 2011. Joined MFP in January 2012.

Down a total of 61 pounds since the start. MFP has been a tremendous help.

Been in a quasi-maintain/SLOW weight loss down to 180 since Mid May. I am 189 right now and quit smoking. So, I am purposely moving slowly.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I guess technically I am =p I resolved to lose the weight... but I fell out of it. Then I found MFP <3 and got back on it!!
    I do have to say Good Job to those of you that stayed with it!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I joined a few days after New Years.. January 7th of this year, weighing in at 242lbs and officially hit my goal weight of 170lbs on the 29th of May... I am now focusing on my "goal body" ...SO thankful for MyFitnessPal!!! :smile:

If you're interested, this is my weight loss story...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Blessedmommy_2x
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I joined a few days after New Years.. January 7th of this year, weighing in at 242lbs and officially hit my goal weight of 170lbs on the 29th of May... I am now focusing on my "goal body" ...SO thankful for MyFitnessPal!!! :smile:

If you're interested, this is my weight loss story...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Blessedmommy_2x

Wow, that's an amazing loss! Congrats!
  • newking
    newking Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I didn't join mfp until February, but I made a resolution and started my martial arts class in Jan. I am doing well, first time I have really stuck with something for this long. I am down almost 40lbs this year and have gained a ton of self confidence.
  • onmyway31
    onmyway31 Posts: 66
    Options
    I am still here and I joined in January 2012, and I am 73 pounds down!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I started here in January, but losing weight was not my NYR. I actually started back in November and didn't find MFP until January. However, I have reached my goal, and losing weight should never have to be a NYR every again! :-)
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    *hand raise* I'm still here! Started MFP in January and haven't missed a day.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Not really a new years resolutioner but I did started in Dec/Jan time. Joined MFP in feb
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I started losing in December, and joined MFP on January 2nd. I'm still going, but it's been excruciatingly slow going the last few months. *sigh*
    Quitting isn't an option though. I'm sick of the extra weight.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    On January 18th I joined here. I didn't know if I was going to stick with it or not. The past 5 years have been so emotional in regards to my daughter, but once I got the a-ok that she was fine, I decided it was time to focus on me.
    So far I have lost 38 pounds, I'm 18 pounds away from my goal. This site has changed my life, I've meet some amazing people on here who support me more then my family (husband) does and I couldn't have done it without them.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Not new years but I started on boxing day and joined MFP in Feb. Im 30lbs down and going strong. Love the new person I have become and taking my health and happiness in my own hands insted of waiting for miracles...lol
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Me! I started in January, after my cousin got engaged on new year's eve. I knew I would probably be in the wedding, so I wanted to make sure I looked good! I started on MFP January 13 and haven't looked back! I've lost 42 lbs so far, but stalled out a bit in May. I have however done a LOT of things I never thought I would! I started couch to 5k in Feb, and have now done 4 5ks and a 4 mile race. I haven't ran all of them, but I finished, and I'm actually planning on attempting a 10k at the end of June (I'll be running/walking), but I never thought I'd be into doing races. I've found that I actually LIKE working out, doing a lot of different classes and things at my gym. I've gotten back into swimming and can swim a mile, run a 5k, and I just actually biked 16 miles the other day...I could have gone more but I ran out of time lol. I've done 4 and 5 hour workouts just because, and stay for classes. It's kind of amusing to me that I just have 'fun' at the gym while I'm shredding calories. I've had so many awesome NSVs, like when my skinny butt family tells me they need to take after me lol. I'm feeling great so far, so I'm hoping to keep it up through the new years & beyond! My long term goal is to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Feb 2013! I'm still a super slow runner but I just keep at it.
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    I started on January 2 but DID NOT make it a resolution. I didn't want to sabotage it!
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm a resolutioner! Down 26 pounds with only 2 more to go until goal. Have learned so much from this journey and I'm so happy I decided to tackle my weight problem before it got any worse. Things are so much easier now like walking, bending over, running, climbing stairs, buckling my seat belt, etc. Had a big NSV the other day when I beat my 14 year old son in a foot race. Never, ever could I have even started that run before!

Good luck to all as you continue on your journey. I know, personally, that I couldn't have done this without the support of the MFP community!
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I started the week of New Year's hit it hard and had lost 13lbs by the end of March when I found out I was pregnant. I fell off the bandwagon, exercising only minimally but kept eating right. I ended up having a miscarriage on Mother's Day, Have since gotten back on track with my exercising. Have at least another 20lbs I want to lose. Super excited to get down to goal weight. Great job everyone that had achieved their goals, and good luck and keep at it to everyone still needing to lose!!!
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ooh that's me! I actually saw a photo of myself from New Year's eve and I was not happy at all. I started a gym membership in October but I really only went once or twice a week. I weighed in around Jan 2 or 3rd at 190 lbs and knew I had to change because I just really hated looking at myself in the mirror and hated all the clothes in my closet. I made this resolution before and NEVER stuck to it. But this time was different. Once I started tracking my food on MFP I realized that I was usually eating twice the amount I should. So for the first few months I pretty much stuck to 1200 calories and hit the gym at least 5 times a week and lost 20 lbs pretty quickly. But as I got more into my health I realized 1200 was not sustainable for me as my fitness improved and is not enough if I want to push myself. So now Im down 30 lbs and upped my calories to about 1700 and really just focusing on lowering my body fat! I must say I feel better than ever and I think my confidence has grown so much over the past 5 months; plus I'm stronger and faster than I was when I played high school soccer! Great job on sticking to your resolutions!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I started eating healthier and exercising the week before Christmas. I thought if i am gonna do this, why wait til New Years? Either I am gonna make the commitment or not and waiting will make no difference. So I did and here I am 52 lbs lighter and still going strong! I didn't find out about MFP til the end of Jan. Don't get me wrong, I have had days where I really needed a kick in the booty to get motivated and that is where my friends have had such a huge part of this, their support and motivation help to keep me going and I hope that I do the same for them just as much! :happy:
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i started watching what i ate probably the end of January and joined MFP a couple weeks later. im proud of what i have accomplished so far and am nowhere close to being done :) i never thought i would enjoy exercising but i try to make every minute count! its taken me 29 years to finally take control of my body and how i treat it so this is a life commitment for me :) the only thing that sucks is my pants are too big.... stretchy capris for the rest of summer! lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!