Have been doing so well....until today

Options
2»

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I use the maths to make myself feel better after I have secumbed to temptation. Rule of thumb is 3,500 calories per lb. if my usual meal is about 500 calories and I make a pig of myself by eating a whopping 1500 meal - burger, fries, desert! Then I think to myself that I have put on a few extra ounces in overall weight. Possibly I've tricked my body a bit too and maybe raised my metabolism slightly. All in all a couple of extra runs or cycle rides as a pennance will sort me out
  • Sarahgrace0228
    Sarahgrace0228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried losing weight I lost a little over 50. Then one day I got emotionally hurt and I gave up all together. I started eating like i did before i lost the weight. I think it may have been to feel a void or something but because I let one little thing pull me back i gained 25 of it back then another 50. All of my hard work was no longer acknowledged in the way I looked. It was just a memory. Don't let that happen to you. This was ONE emotionally messed up day for you and you splurged. It happens every once in a while Just don't let it lead to another day then a whole week. Do better tomorrow. You can do it!
  • michelechavez
    Options
    Move on. Tomorrow is another day, etc. But remember how icky and bloated you felt after eating the Taco Bell? Keep that in mind when you think about eating there again. Or next time, try to think about what would be a somewhat healthier meal to have there. Maybe a soft chicken taco with extra lettuce?
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It can be tuff for sure, take a moment to think about the "yuck" you're feeling right now & remember that you don't want to feel that way again. But for the times when you just have to do it...pay yourself back. Total up the # of calories you ate in your moment of weekness and workout till you hit that #. I do this over the course of the week, adding 10mins here & there to my workouts until I've "payed it back". Even when I don't go over my daily intake amount...I do it to hold myself accountable. This is working for me, I've lost every week for 11 weeks. Don't be to hard on yourself, you are allowed to live it up now and then you know! Good luck!!:flowerforyou:

I LOVE this idea!!! Sounds like my lunchtime walks are going to be 3 miles instead of 2 1/2.....