Banish Fat Boost Metabolism Question

Options
I recently started the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism work out by Jillian Michaels. The girl is insane but I have never sweeted so much in my life. Anyway I was wondering how would I log that when it comes to tracking my exercises.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think the most accurate would be to get a heart rate monitor. Polar make very good ones.
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Options
    I think the most accurate would be to get a heart rate monitor. Polar make very good ones.

I have been researching heart rate monitors and one of the drawbacks about Polars were that when the batteries die you have to send in the monitor for the company to replace the battery. I think that is a pain. But there are a ton of heart rate monitors out there to choose from.

Demetria
  • shutter_bug7783
    Options
    I just did her "No More Trouble Zones" yesterday and my body is hurting today. Every time I sit, stand, move it's a little sore. It's a good sore, but still annoying.

Anyway, I log it in as Circuit Training. So in Cardio, search for Circuit Training, general. It definitely helps if you have a heart-rate monitor to accurately count calories though. I have a Polar F6 and couldn't imagine NOT having it! It's the best thing ever!

Good luck!
  • shutter_bug7783
    Options
    I have been researching heart rate monitors and one of the drawbacks about Polars were that when the batteries die you have to send in the monitor for the company to replace the battery. I think that is a pain. But there are a ton of heart rate monitors out there to choose from.

Demetria

Luckily I haven't had my battery die yet. Although I haven't even had mine a year yet. From what I remember reading in the manual you can take it to a watch repair man (or woman) to have the battery changed. Because it's water resistant, there's a special machine they use to put it back together to insure that it's sealed properly again.

I'm at work and don't currently have my Polar manual, so I'm not 100% sure... but I'm fairly confident that's an option too.
  • shutter_bug7783
    Options

Demetria

Just read my manual. You are correct. I haven't heard how much it costs to have the battery changed. Guess I'll have to wait and see. But if it's anywhere from $50-70 or more, I might as well just buy a new one. I have a light pink one (I love pink!) and the outside of the wrist straps are dirty and I can't seem to get them clean. Grrrr. So I'd definitely get a black one next time. But I'd still try and see if a watch repair shop could do it first.

Hopefully Polar wants them sent in only because of the water resistance part and not just because they want to charge you more money. Who knows?
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I had asked the community yesterday for advice on HRM's. You can read their posts here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/62213-hrm-advice-what-do-you-like-and-why
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you get the polar F11 you can change the battery yourself:happy:
  • justmegan
    Options
    I recently started the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism work out by Jillian Michaels. The girl is insane but I have never sweeted so much in my life. Anyway I was wondering how would I log that when it comes to tracking my exercises.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That's the one I did! I mentioned it in another post, but I couldn't remember the name. I had logged it as Circuit Training, but is it really? I only assumed so becasue she kept saying the word "circuit":blushing: Am I retarded? Once I read about circuit training on Wikipedia, I kinda feel like I cheated on my log. She's great, though. I was sweating like a maniac, too, and 2 days later, I'm still sore.