Need interesting low cal flavors of microwave popcorn

NaurielR
NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
Hello every one!

Does anyone know any brands that sell interesting flavors of popcorn, that are also low calorie? Basically, anything that isn't butter or kettlecorn flavored.

Jolly Time has Caramel Apple flavored popcorn which is DELICIOUS (especially with a little added cinnamon. Oh my word). But I'm having a bit of trouble finding it, and I don't want it to get too old.. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other brands that sold interesting flavors.

Replies

• Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    bump
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Kernal Seasoning =) I like the Ranch flavor.. it has 2 cal's a serving.. I think its like 1 tbls. I loooove it. Not just for popcorn either =)
  • pananny
    pananny Posts: 6 Member
    53 # lost....Good for YOU!! I've lost 54# since 2003 and I'm trying to lose 38 more. This may sound strange, but I tried this popcorn and I really love it. Add pepper and 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey to popcorn......it is really good.....tastes somewhat like carmel corn
    Try it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I make my own - buy the kernels and pop them in your microwave in a brown paper bag, then add your own seasonings! I use 1/4 cup of kernels (serving size on the bag) & use my microwave's popcorn setting. I typically add coconut oil and a bit of butter when it's done, but have also tossed in Parmesan cheese, pepper, garlic, anything! Sometimes I add just a bit of sugar for a kettle corn flavor.

This way you control what goes into your popcorn, and it's waaaaay cheaper than buying the microwave stuff.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Kernal Seasoning =) I like the Ranch flavor.. it has 2 cal's a serving.. I think its like 1 tbls. I loooove it. Not just for popcorn either =)
    I don't have much luck with seasoning. It never seems to stick unless I add some extra oil. But I have purchased ranch and butter flavors of popcorn seasoning, and I agree that they are delicious.
    53 # lost....Good for YOU!! I've lost 54# since 2003 and I'm trying to lose 38 more. This may sound strange, but I tried this popcorn and I really love it. Add pepper and 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey to popcorn......it is really good.....tastes somewhat like carmel corn
    Try it!
    flowerforyou
    I've never heard of anyone putting honey on their popcorn, but it sounds good. Does it coat each kernel well, or do you just kinda drizzle it around?

[
    I make my own - buy the kernels and pop them in your microwave in a brown paper bag, then add your own seasonings! I use 1/4 cup of kernels (serving size on the bag) & use my microwave's popcorn setting. I typically add coconut oil and a bit of butter when it's done, but have also tossed in Parmesan cheese, pepper, garlic, anything! Sometimes I add just a bit of sugar for a kettle corn flavor.

This way you control what goes into your popcorn, and it's waaaaay cheaper than buying the microwave stuff.
    I sometimes make my popcorn (either in a brown bag in the microwave or on the stove top if I'm feeling fancy). But the stove top is such an effort, and I don't have very good results with microwaving it (a lot of the kernels remain unpopped)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    I season it myself with various things like Franks Hot Sauce, soy sauce, Spike seasoning, nutritional yeast, parmesan cheese, and the pre-made popcorn seasonings like cheddar and nacho cheese. If I want a dry seasoning to stick butter I'll blast it with some Pam and also just lay it on thicker. I've heard it's good with jalapeno slices fried up with it, but I use the microwave stuff so I'd have to roast those up separately. Sounds great to me, though!
  • I found a bunch at Target: Jalapeno, Ranch, Salt and Vinegar, Buffalo, Sweet Kernel. I have an air popper that i bought for about 20 bucks and it's amazing we don't even buy chips anymore just make popcorn!! :happy:
  • pananny
    pananny Posts: 6 Member
    I just drizzle a small amount of honey on the popcorn.....about 1-2 tsp......it doesn't cover every kernel, but I stir it in well and it flavors most of the kernels......
  • I like salt and pepper popcorn, and I've been looking to try lime and salt soon! I like Orville Redenbacher's natural microwave popcorn (http://www.orville.com/natural-popcorn-snack), but you could probably try it with air-popped popcorn if you have the equipment. :)