Help! I'm over my fat limit and I've got calories to eat!

Options
Yikes! The foods I've eaten today have already gotten me to 12 points over my fat limit for the day.... the bulk of that was from olive oil and avocado.

I still have 475 calories to eat for dinner.... what can I eat??

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Just eat. Going over on your fat today isn't going to kill you.

** I realized after the fact that my reply sounds snarky. Sorry about that. But seriously, going over your fat isn't a huge deal, unless you have a dietary restriction due to a medical problem. Or maybe if you're taking Alli. :)
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ This.
    Eat a lean protein and veggies if you want to stay clear of the evil fat. :wink:
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Maybe your fat calories are too low. What are your ratios set to?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    The good news is that those are sources of healthy fats, not a bunch of saturated or trans fats. So eat something and don't sweat the fat too much.
  • melbatoastrox
    Options
    Oh.. I have no idea! I'm still kinda learning this system... how do I check that?
  • lennybrisco
    Options
    Fat does not make you fat. In the simplest terms, I suggest watching your carb and protein intake. Feel free to eat the rest in good fats - as you seem to be favoring already.

To your question today, I would plan my remaining food around meeting my carb / protein / calorie goals and forget however much fat there is.

Just my own interpretation of watching macros.
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Eat some grilled fish, probably one of the lowest fat proteins out there.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want! I go over on fat almost every day. You've eaten healthy fats, you are fine!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Tinned tuna is devoid of fat or carbs if that helps, but honestly, your fat ratio is probably low as MFP sets carbs uber high compared to fat and protein.
  • SilMarillion
    Options
    Yikes! The foods I've eaten today have already gotten me to 12 points over my fat limit for the day.... the bulk of that was from olive oil and avocado.

I still have 475 calories to eat for dinner.... what can I eat??

Edamame!!!!! A cup will give you 290 calories, and a very good hit on your protein, with only 12 fat
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You're fats are healthy fats so I wouldn't worried about it. If you were loading up on trans fat or something that wouldn't be good but I don't worry about healthy fats. If you're hungry, eat! :)
  • melbatoastrox
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I've decided to make a fruit smoothie with spinach and non fat yogurt. It hits my calorie mark without any fat. But you all made important points about fat. I certainly had "good" fats today but I'd love to try and not go over any more. I've been sticking to my calorie limits very strictly and I haven't seen any weight loss yet... So I was hoping to stay as strictly on the plan as possible just to see if I'm going to lose anything at all this week!

Thanks again!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and avocado are both healthy fats, so I wouldn't worry about it, choose protein and lots of vegies. I don't worry about fat too much, sodium is my killer in terms of weight loss, I have to keep mine way under or I will gain.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Maybe your fat calories are too low. <snip>

Yup.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    those fats are good for you. don't worry about it, just worry about calories :)

eating fat does not equal GETTING fat. It's just a nutrient.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Fat does not make you fat. In the simplest terms, I suggest watching your carb and protein intake.

Fat is, quite literally, the only macro that is stored as fat.

"Here’s what happens with excess calories. Assume that all three conditions represent identical increases in caloric intake, just from each of the different macros. Here’s what happens mechanistically and why all three still make you fat:

Excess dietary fat is directly stored as fat
    Excess dietary carbs increases carb oxidation, impairing fat oxidation; more of your daily fat intake is stored as fat
    Excess dietary protein increases protein oxidation, impairing fat oxidation; more of your daily fat intake is stored as fat

Got it? All three situations make you fat, just through different mechanisms. Fat is directly stored and carbs and protein cause you to store the fat you’re eating by decreasing fat oxidation."

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-we-get-fat.html

Not that this matters in a deficit.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I don't even monitor my fat. It's not hurting my weight loss.
  • Punkinida
    Punkinida Posts: 2
    Options
    Pasta with spaghetti sauce.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    lean lean lean nothing but lean yes it does matter that your having too much fat so make sure you eat plenty of veggies & fruits & lean protein one day wont kill you just start making better choices thats all