650 LB Virgin Regains His Weight Back!!!

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Never think it can't happen to you.

80% That's what I've heard. 80% of people who lose weight will gain it back.

8 out of 10 chance it'll happen. If I had to bet on any of you or myself regaining the weight I would. Each and every one of us is expecting to be in that 20%, well it just ain't gonna happen.

Let that sink in. Let it scare you. It scares me.

That's why everyone says this is a lifestyle change. It's a change for your whole life. If you can't wait to hit your goal to eat all the foods you've been missing you may as well quit now and save yourself the time. Either we change for good or this is all just temporary.

Set goals for yourself, goals beyond the scale or fitting into a dress size. And once you accomplish those set new ones. This year I've run my first Warrior Dash, in a month I'll take the city fire fighter test and then a Run For Your Lives zombie run after that. Next summer I'm going to go for the Spartan Trifecta, the Sprint, Super and Beast.

If we stop watching what we eat, if we quit exercising, kiss it all goodbye. Never, ever, ever give up.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I feel for him! I lost 176 pounds ten years ago and was so happy with my progress. I stopped losing, and over the next several years I gained roughly 75 pounds of that back. I never made the changes and commitment necessary to really live a healthy life. Last year I had a health problem that was a wake up call for me. I started changing the way I viewed food, and started to exercise. Since last August I have lost quite a bit of weight (57 pounds of it since joining mfp). I am three pounds away from being back at the weight I was ten years ago. I just hope this is his wake up call and he can form healthy habits this time so the weight can stay off.
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I lost 63lbs & was well on my way to gaining it all back. I gained 38lbs back & 23 of it was in 2 months. I stepped on the scale one day & said WTF am I doing?!? Started logging back onto MFP almost 40 days ago & started losing again. It is so easy to slip back into old habits. It happens so often. I have a couple of friends who lost quite a bit of weight & gained it back. There was a lady on Oprah one time who lost at least 100lbs. I can't remember the amount, could have been more. The first time she went on Oprah she had already kept the weight off for something like 4 or 5 years. About 2 years after the show, she was back on oprah & had gained all the weight back. She was working on losing it again. The also had one of the biggest losers on the show & he had gained back a lot of his weight.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options

8 out of 10 chance it'll happen. If I had to bet on any of you or myself regaining the weight I would. Each and every one of us is expecting to be in that 20%, well it just ain't gonna happen.

That's why everyone says this is a lifestyle change. It's a change for your whole life. If you can't wait to hit your goal to eat all the foods you've been missing you may as well quit now and save yourself the time. Either we change for good or this is all just temporary.

Set goals for yourself, goals beyond the scale or fitting into a dress size. And once you accomplish those set new ones. This year I've run my first Warrior Dash, in a month I'll take the city fire fighter test and then a Run For Your Lives zombie run after that. Next summer I'm going to go for the Spartan Trifecta, the Sprint, Super and Beast.

If we stop watching what we eat, if we quit exercising, kiss it all goodbye. Never, ever, ever give up.

And there goes any shot of me sleeping tonight. THANKS MAN
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

And there goes any shot of me sleeping tonight. THANKS MAN

NO SLEEPING! Constant exercise!!

:tongue: Ok I'm not that guy.
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    u guyz need to leave im be. lotz of peeple letz lthem selvz go aftr they getz some sexn after gettin merried

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT SAY???????

Hahhaaha! I got half way through it and gave up!

something about leave him alone lots of people let themselves go after having sex and getting married?!?! IDK
    That would be the correct assessment. I congratulate you.

:D ty
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Love the way they threw VIRGIN in there. Gets headlines and makes him look like a freak. It can't just be about him and his weight struggle, huh?
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options

AMEN! It's a lifestyle change. I feel for this kid and hope he gets the help and support he needs
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Love the way they threw VIRGIN in there. Gets headlines and makes him look like a freak. It can't just be about him and his weight struggle, huh?

Horrible way to draw attention to the situation...it should just be about his weight struggle.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I watched this show when it aired a while back. Poor guy looked miserable and awkward after he lost all the weight. I feel for him.
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Do you think the article's claim that 2/3rds of ppl who lose weight gain MORE weight back than they lost over a time prd of 4-5 years? That would be awful. I am committed to not being one of that 66%. I've spent enough of my life being fatty fat butt.

Just wanted to say this paper is renowned in the UK for posting judgemental, misogynistic, sensationalist poop (for want of a better word) so please do not let this article put you off your journey x
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options

So very true. Been there and I've got the T shirt. Still 18 lbs from my lowest adult weight. I'd give my left nut to be 170 again. :sad:
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

So very true. Been there and I've got the T shirt. Still 18 lbs from my lowest adult weight. I'd give my left nut to be 170 again. :sad:

Does it weigh 18 pounds? Wait, never mind.
  • slinne
    slinne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I went through something very similar as this guy. I had moved away from where I grew up, and 6 years ago I went on one of those pre-packaged meal plans and lost 125 lbs in a year. I went home and surprised my family and friends and they were very happy for me. I thought I had lost that weight forever.

But then I stopped ordering the food, and I had not learned anything about living a healthy lifestyle. So I slowly went back to my old eating habits, and gained 165 lbs over a 4 year period. It was so embarrassing going back home. Having everyone seeing me throw away all the hard work I had done to lose the weight, plus being even bigger than I had once been. It caused me to have worse self-esteem than before I had lost the weight.

That is why this time I have chosen to do it the natural way. Learning how to cook my own meals, and exercise properly. I can take the lessons I am learning now and apply them for the rest of my life. It won't be easy to maintain, but I will be better equipped this time around.

I feel so bad for this guy, and I know that he can lose it again. Maybe Chris will have him on his makeover show. Either way, I will definitely be rooting for him.
  • UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I wonder if ABC knows this? Because David Smith was a client of Chris Powell, the star of Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition and is in every opening credit as an example of the success Powell has had transforming morbidly obese clients.

I feel badly for the guy.

Chris Powell was supposedly his best friend and roommate after he lost the weight too. I wonder why Powell didn't help him..I mean, you can't make someone do something, but the whole thing is confusing.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    :frown: Sad..
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options

Does it weigh 18 pounds? Wait, never mind.
    You made me LOL!

Seriously, though, this story made me sad. I agree with others, though - I caught a few minutes of that show once and he really didn't seem comfortable in his own skin. It bothered me a lot, so I didn't watch for long.
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    u guyz need to leave im be. lotz of peeple letz lthem selvz go aftr they getz some sexn after gettin merried

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT SAY???????

Hahhaaha! I got half way through it and gave up!

As a teacher I am a master at reading writing like this... they leave my class writing much better.... it says:
    "You guys need to leave him "be" (as in alone). Lots of people let themselves go after they get some sex after getting married."

:-) As for the story... I am so saddened that he gained it back. He had gone through surgeries to get rid of the skin but still never addressed his emotion issues. This is the root of the problem. If he doesn't address WHY he is overweight to begin with, he will never change for the long run...

same goes for all of us... change from the inside out...
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    WOW, he was such a good-looking guy at a healthy weight. That's so terribly sad that he couldn't accept himself.
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i remember watching his documentary on tv in 09... that's so sad to know he gained it back... and really scary to think about (allowing myself to think selfishly for a minute). he was actually living with his trainer, b/c they became such good friends.... i completely understand what he means with not being able to understand/accept the attention, after you've viewed yourself as a "monster" for so long... :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!