New and in need of support!

Options
Hi. I am Gidget. I am a 38 year old elementary school teacher in Alabama.I want to lose about 80lbs. I've battled with weight issues for some time now. I've had some success..but health problems always seem to set me back. (I have lupus). Any way.. I'm trying again. Partly because my 20 year high school reunion is this year (october)..but mostly for ME. I know it will help a lot of my joint problems, and make dealing with a bunch of kindergartners a lot less tiresome!
I am currently just watching what I eat, and doing zumba five times a week. I plan to add gym exercises eventually.
I'm looking for friends to support and motivate me (and vice versa), and am open to any and all advice :) I look
Forward to making lots of friends here.
Gidget

Ps ~ typing this on my phone, so forgive any typos you may find! Lol

Replies

• Marque74
    Marque74 Posts: 60
    Options
    Mainly my advice is to stay focused. Just take one day at a time. This site is super. You'll find alot of support here. My name is Mark. Feel free to add me. :)
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    This is a great site. I joined a few weeks ago and have found that everyone on here is very supportive and provides lots of motivation and encouragement. I'm Tam and am on here daily, feel free to add me.
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    U can add me. Love your name
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Denise, I'm 47, and I'm also new here. I know what its like to deal with health issues while losing weight. Not only do I have a rare genetic disorder (Nail Patella Syndrome) that causes all sorts of orthopedic issues, including osteoarthritis, but I'm a cancer survivor, and am still recovering from a car accident several years ago that ruptured 3 disks in my back and damaged one leg.
    We all need support! Feel free to add me!

Denise
  • Gidgetfrombama
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm still learning how the site works, so hopefully I did it right.lol
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I am here everyday, just to maintain & keep myself straight. I, too, am from Alabama and I lost 80 lb. Would be happy to help.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    Hi, also recently new to the site. Loving it! the fact you can keep a track of all you eat and record you exercise makes losing and maintaining weight a bit easier. Although today I am wanting something sweet.. but am holding off! feel free to add me! good luck!
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I know its hard as a teacher (working on my teaching credentials) to incorporate health into your busy life when all you do is care for the well being of others, but in the end, your health has a positive effect on your students. Good luck take it one day at a time. Feel free to add me if you like.