Swimsuit alert!

2FattyXFatty4
2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
Guise! Like, seriously guise. Seriously. SERIOUSLY, you guise! LOL!

I just bought myself a swimsuit after YEARS of not wearing 'real' ones and it came via UPS today. Okay, no ... it isn't a bikini. No, it isn't even a "tankini." It's called a skirtini and I am very pleased with how I look in it! I started my journey (on the right) at 475 lbs six months ago. Today, I tried on my new swimsuit at 92 lbs lighter in the ladies room at work because I was too excited to wait until I was at home.

I put it on and HOLY CRAP! I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that it's me in the mirror because I knew I had lost weight, the scale told me I had lost weight, my clothes told me I had lost weight, the tape measure told me I had lost weight ...... but this is my first time really "seeing" it.

MOREPROGRESS.jpg

Yes .... I still have quite a ways to go with my weight loss but I don't think I look horrible in this getup. I have big thighs and a booty, so the bottoms flatter that area.

So many women want to "rock the bikini" and will never, ever go swimming because they think they can't wear one. I think I am a testament to the idea that you should find the suit that flatters your body and works for you. I could have *not* bought a new suit and stayed in my lounge chair by the pool for yet another scorching southern summer. Nope, not doing it anymore.

GRAB LIFE BY THE HORNS!

ETA: Darn! I don't know how to make the picture smaller but you can copy and paste this link: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o256/theladyaj/MOREPROGRESS.jpg

Replies

• BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Wow, what a difference!
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    That is such a dramatic difference!
    Looking good!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    wow! Great job!!
  • snap! look at you! that suit is cute as crap with the little trim on it :)

you look so happy in your 'during' pic, even just from seeing your smile and how you're holding yourself. keep it up ma'am!
  • Looking great - good on you :-)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,331 Member
    Amazing progress! Well done!:drinker:
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    That is such a cute swimsuit!

Well done, so glad to see you smiling like that in your photo (: good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    This is a HUGE accomplishment! CONGRATS!!!

Also, to resize - in Photobucket, click on the photo and choose "Edit" then "Adjustment" and "Resize" - no wider than 600 will fit in the screen here.

Then click "save and replace"
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    This is a HUGE accomplishment! CONGRATS!!!

Also, to resize - in Photobucket, click on the photo and choose "Edit" then "Adjustment" and "Resize" - no wider than 600 will fit in the screen here.

Then click "save and replace"

Thank you for this tip!!!!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Great work and great attitude!

--Prahasaurus
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    That's a gorgous swimsuit and an even more radiant smile.
    Well done on all your hard work and enjoy the summer in your fancy suit :smile:
  • hegiahazman
    hegiahazman Posts: 13 Member
    You've got what to be proud of. You look great in that suit. Wear it well and swim away. You got the right idea, grab life by its horns!
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    you look hot, love the sparkle! and reading someone feeling like this about their body and accomplishments is so uplifting. well done, you're proud for a good reason!
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    You look fantastic! Where did you order the suit from? It is so pretty, and doesn't look like an old lady, frumpy suit.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    You look fantastic! Where did you order the suit from? It is so pretty, and doesn't look like an old lady, frumpy suit.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Fantastic! :drinker:

Great smile, great suit and a great attitude. Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • kchiltondavies
    kchiltondavies Posts: 7 Member
    Well done, you look amazing x
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    You look absolutely amazing!!! Keep up the great work !!!:flowerforyou:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    You're doing SOOO well! Fantastic - keep it up, you're really making a difference! Have a great time in and out of the water this summer :-)
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Wow. This made me smile. I'm so happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!