5 to go

Options
After starting this in March of this year, I'm 5 pounds away from my goal but I will not be heart broken if I don't make it for some reason.
Here is me in September of `07 at about 290. I don't have any pictures after that of me but I was right at 300 at my heaviest and stretching the waistband of 46 pants.
Picture028.jpg
On 4/18/09 at about 245
Me4-091.jpg
4/30/09 at 225
Dusty4-30-09001.jpg
And on 8/2/09 at 205 and wearing 36's.
Dusty8-2-09.jpg

Replies

• faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    amazing! that is so awesome! do share how you did it and so fast!?!?!?
  • candy76
    candy76 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm so proud of you! You is a hottie. Thanks for being my support as well.:love:
  • kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You and your wife are such an inspiration! did you only begin your Journey in March and have succeeded this much in only 8 months??!!! Please do share how you did it! I am really really trying to lose 60lbs by February 1st, and don't want to give up hope. You both look amazing, congratulations!!!
  • Dusty74
    Dusty74 Posts: 68
    Options
    Honestly, sticking with MFP is how we did it. There were only a few times that we blew up our daily allotment of calories. Also, exercise, exercise, exercise. Although I have lost the will to hit the treadmill lately, that was/is the key.
    There was no snake oil, no magic pill or voodoo. Just making better choices about what goes in your face and get moving, be it on a treadmill, bike, or walking down the street.
    If I knew about this place a long time ago, I would have never got in the shape I was in.

So, now that I'm at this point:
    I don't have the knee pain anymore
    My back don't hurt
    Have not had heartburn for months- I used to get it at least 10 times a day
    I don't get headaches as often
    I don't get winded doing my job, I can actually outwork the 21 year old punk :bigsmile:
    And my blood work came back normal last week!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Awesome job:happy:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Oh my GOSH! You look GREAT! you look so much younger! I'll bet you have a ton more energy for your son!

Congratulations! It's just amazing, and truly an inspiration!
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!!! I know you look in the mirror and feel proud of yourself.

I'm so envious. :smile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Congrats! :drinker: You look awesome, and are an inspiration and motivator!
  • Dusty74
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    wow the progress pics are amazing! congrats! so glad to see all these people succeeding!
  • Dusty74
    Options
    Couldn't edit the original post for some reason. Anyhow, here is a picture that Candy and I had taken last week.
    Candyme.jpg
  • CBRITO
    CBRITO Posts: 11
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!... I'M SO HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU...

I WAS WONDERING??.... DID YOU REALLY STRESS TO EXERCISE??, OR JUST EATING CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE??

I HAVE "ZERO" TIME TO EXERCISE.. SO I WAS HOPING SATYING WITH THE CALORIES, AND SOMETIMES UNDER WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE??

YOUR THOUGHTS
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    way to go you guys. and down 10 pant sizes that is amazing. :drinker:
  • Dusty74
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!... I'M SO HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU...

I WAS WONDERING??.... DID YOU REALLY STRESS TO EXERCISE??, OR JUST EATING CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE??

I HAVE "ZERO" TIME TO EXERCISE.. SO I WAS HOPING SATYING WITH THE CALORIES, AND SOMETIMES UNDER WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE??

YOUR THOUGHTS
    Yes you have to exercise, no ifs ands or buts about it. The weight fell of quickly, but I have not done much lately and I have stayed at the same weight for a few weeks now.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I wouldn't worry about those last 5 because you look great!:wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    You and your wife both look amazing! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!