IRON

neenaleigh
neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
okay, here's my problem...

i wasnt getting enough calcium, so i started taking a multivitamin...my vitamin has 45% of my daily calcium needs so im getting enough now...however, it contains 100% of your daily iron....now im going way over on iron, like 50 over....and i heard getting too much iron is a problem.....HELP!

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    It usually is not for women but if you're worried have your iron checked. But with just 50 over it should be a problem unless you have a medical condition.
  • okay, here's my problem...

i wasnt getting enough calcium, so i started taking a multivitamin...my vitamin has 45% of my daily calcium needs so im getting enough now...however, it contains 100% of your daily iron....now im going way over on iron, like 50 over....and i heard getting too much iron is a problem.....HELP!

Most people don't absorb the full amout from a multi, so I wouldn't worry too much. Also, if the multi-vit you are taking has vit D, that also hinders iron absorbtion. If you taste metal in your mouth, then you will know you have to much in your system, drink alot of water. If your still concerned speak to your doc or try just a calcium supplement like Viactive.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    thank you !!!!!!!!! i feel better now!
This discussion has been closed.