Hi! I'm ready for some change!

Options
Hi! My name is Lindsey. I'm 23 years old and just separated from the Air Force after a four year enlistment. I'm getting married this month to an Air Force guy and I'm getting a son in the marriage too! When I was in the military I injured my knee and couldnt exercise for a while. At least that is what I told myself. To tell the truth I was being lazy. I could have done some other exercises if I had really had the motivation. While in the military I always had problems passing my PT tests. And eventually I was put in the Fitness Improvement Program. It worked for a bit. But I still didn't have the motivation. Not when I was set to get out of the military so soon, and not when it was something that the military wanted from me. Not something I wanted for myself. So- I'm getting married this month.. I tried on my wedding dress for the third time yesterday and it didn't fit! Hello Motivation! My friend told me about this website and so far- I'm loving the setup. If anyone has any advice, it will be greatly appreciated. I want this to be a lifestyle change for me. I want to look good, but I also want to feel good about myself again.

Replies

• csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For me I've noticed I HAVE to keep track of my calories. It's so easy to go over 300, 400 plus calories without even realizing it! Also, maybe since he's still AF you can PT together. A jog in the morning before work or something. If I have someone to do it with me I am more willing to keep it up consistently. Good Luck and have fun! It'll make it seem less like work and more like an adventure!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to gain the knowledge that you need to make that lifestyle change - and make it work for a lifetime!

My only advice would be to be truthful and consistent with the food diary. It's a real eye opener!

Glad you're here!