Ladies: Bikini waxing?

Options
Ohmydaze
Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
I'm thinking about getting it done this summer, never had one before. Have any of you had one? How much does it actually hurt, did you go alone or with a friend, is it worth it?

Share your experiences please :flowerforyou:

Replies

• swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I tried to do it at home and it hurt a lot and my skin was all red and itchy after :S
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I tried to do it myself too! Didn't work at all, just had a similar red itchyness :(
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    It hurts so-so, probably more the first time cause you don't know what to expect, but a reg bikini wax will hurt a lot less than a Brazilian!

Very smart to get it done professionally, its a hard place to self wax esp if you are new to it. Don't get it done in the few days before your period is due cause your pain threshold will be lower. You can also pop a light painkiller before, if you are really worried.

Take a friend if you like, but I personally like to go it alone, its not particularly attractive! :laugh:

Its over pretty fast, you'll be fine!
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    IF you do it yourself:
    Do a rinse first, then apply baby powder. (use cornstarch if no powder).
    Wax
    Apply warm baby oil or olive oil to relax the area to avoid red bumps/marks and itching (use until pain is nearly gone.)
    Wash off oil with baby soap/ baby shampoo
    apply powder/ corn starch to avoid itching/ redness

It will hurt all over of course but it goes away after 3-4 hours.

Oh, take a tylenol or any other pain killers 30min before you start. That way it kicks in as soon as you're done waxing.

Good Luck :D
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :smile: Go to a salon and they will put you at ease its painful but over in a flash and its worth it good luck :smile:
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I do the Brazilian wax in the salon. It took me a few years to find a girl that does it that I actually like. AND, when she moves to a different salon, I go with her. She's awesome and so down-to-earth. A good waxer will not hurt you. I'm not saying it's not uncomfortable, but it shoudn't be THAT painful and you should never walk out of salon with bumps.

Let's face it...sex organs are not pretty, but if you maintain your bush it's at least bearable. :bigsmile:
  • andie2323
    andie2323 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started getting the Brazilian. The bikini area does not hurt as bad. But then again everyone has a different pain tolerance. Of course it's going to hurt during the process, but not after. It's totally worth it. Get it done professionally. The place I go to, they only wax. So the setup is really nice and they are good at making u comfortable. Like I said TOTALLY WORTH IT !!!!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Regular bikini wax - go to the salon. They do it really quickly and the pain is a lot less than if you do it yourself IMO. Totally worth the money.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    1) Don't do it yourself.
    2) Don't do it yourself.
    3) If you must do it yourself, use hard wax (i.e. the one you melt that doesn't require strips - it sets instead).
    3) PREP AND AFTERCARE. Exfoliate the day before (not on the day), or you will regret it when you have 73738291 ingrown hairs. Exfoliate again a couple of days afterwards - again, to make sure you're not getting any insane regrowth. I also like to use an aspirin-based ingrown hair treatment occasionally to be doubly as sure. Nothing more unsightly than ingrown hair bumps.

And finally: if your waxer double-dips on the wax, never return.