? for teachers

Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
What activity level are you set on?

Replies

• Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    I'm on light active. I spend a good hour and a half of my school day sitting at a table with reading groups. The rest of my day feels like active though... Depending on what grade you teach, either one would work I think. Oh and I also have a 3 1/2 yo at home that keeps me moving. :wink:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I teach middle school and I'm also on lightly active, although I think that's an understatement :laugh: I would rather be conservative with my activity level, that's all- figure it's better that way than vice-versa!

What grade do you both teach? :flowerforyou:
  • I am a high school teacher. I listed myself as lightly active. I think in the summer I should have changed it, to the lowest level...but I've tried to exercise a lot to deal with that. I think it depends on the grade...but they say nurse is lightly active and I am up and about as much if not more than your average nurse. Hope that helps.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    I teach HS too. I am an English teacher in a computer lab-type classroom, so I envision myself being up and around a lot. (I was on maternity leave second semester last year, the first year we had the computers in the classroom.). I was thinking lightly active would be best too. Thanks!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    I have mine set at lightly active, but since I teach 2nd grade & PE & everything, that way I can add whatever activity/exercise I do for the day.
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    I teach 5th grade. I'm around the room acting like a fool other than reading groups *lol* but it probably feels much more active than it actually is. I'm like kelynn with the conservative approach.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I teach 5th grade. I'm around the room acting like a fool other than reading groups *lol* but it probably feels much more active than it actually is. I'm like kelynn with the conservative approach.

Taught 5th gr. 2 yrs. ago- I loved it!! IMO, it's the best age group to work with :wink:
This discussion has been closed.