getting sick more often?

Options
I'm really close to (or at) my goal weight, 151 lbs (height 5'8.5"). It was a loss of about 13 lbs over about eight months, very gradual, and I don't *think* I'm eating too little.

But, I have had something like six colds in the past two months, and I never get sick at this time of year. I also have had more aches and pains than usual, despite the same exercise schedule as always. Even little things, like stubbed toes (!) seem to hurt more than usual.

Can these seemingly-problematic-immune issues be correlated to having lost too much weight? Any suggestions? I'm going to try to sleep an extra hour per night for a couple of weeks and see if that fixes things.

Any BTDT?

Thanks!!

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Are you getting the right kinds of foods? Plenty of iron and potassium? Maybe your body needs a couple days rest. 151 seems a very reasonable weight for your height. I don't think you've lost "too much". Check your nutrition and, especially, your post-workout recovery.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    getting plenty of vitamins? Calcium? Protein? Colds have less likely to do with your weight loss and more to do with your immune system. My aches and pains went down considerably with a protein uptake, not saying yours will.

If all these things seem to be in order, then maybe it's time to ask your doctor.