Sorry If I'm asking a stupid question

Options
Ok so I am a newbie and still trying to get my bearings so to speak. I am still trying to grasp the idea of using up all my calorie allowance and for the first time today I am trying to plan ahead so as to know where I stand at the end of the day. Ok so my question is I have it all worked down to a tee and here is what I should have left:
Cal: 143
Carb: 44
Fat: 5
Protien: - 20

Where my confusion lies is that I always to seem to be over in my protiens, I am :love: tuna at the moment and I thought it was really good for you???:sad:
Most of my days seem to end up with pretty much the same kinda outcome and I know I shouldn't but I generally seem to have these kinda numbers left to use up and I have no idea what to eat. So I don't eat anything more.
Help:blushing: :blushing:

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am a newbie and still trying to get my bearings so to speak. I am still trying to grasp the idea of using up all my calorie allowance and for the first time today I am trying to plan ahead so as to know where I stand at the end of the day. Ok so my question is I have it all worked down to a tee and here is what I should have left:
    Cal: 143
    Carb: 44
    Fat: 5
    Protien: - 20

Where my confusion lies is that I always to seem to be over in my protiens, I am :love: tuna at the moment and I thought it was really good for you???:sad:
    Most of my days seem to end up with pretty much the same kinda outcome and I know I shouldn't but I generally seem to have these kinda numbers left to use up and I have no idea what to eat. So I don't eat anything more.
    Help:blushing: :blushing:

Don't worry! I'm forever telling people (as do others!) that MFP tends to estimate too low on their protein allowance. I still managed to lose my weight with going over on my protein. :happy: (anywhere from 10 to as much as 35 or so.)
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Yeah....don't worry. My protein (and sodium for that matter) is always over.
    No worries:flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    i am also new to this website and when ia calculate my overall eating i am always over my protien....there are days i tried to lower my protien and end up eating so much the next day..:mad:
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    You can change your goals for your protein and up it. That's what I have done. My ratio is 55% carbs, 25% protein and 20% fat. That ratio works the best for me, especially when I am weight training. It may take some tweaking to find what works best for you. But I agree with the others, MFP shoots too low. Protein keeps you fuller longer and helps rebuild your muscles. So don't skimp!