weight gain frustration

JessiJean
JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I know that I was liable to gain wieght once I started eating. I am just frustrated by this fact. I run and eat a lot better now. I am still down from my starting weight, but I don't want to gain anymore.

How many pounds is the average gain for people who start eating?? Should I excersise more to combat the weight gain, or excersise less to let my body even out. I am frustrated and confused. :cry:

Replies

• There is alot that contribute to weight gain, taking in more sodium is a huge contributing factor alot of the time. But calorie wise in order to maintain a weight you should eat as much as you burn. If you start taking in more than what your body burns (including exercise) then you will start to gain. Always good to keep track of everything even if you are not trying to loose weight, that way it doesn't end up spinning out of control. (and that's easy to do)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I don't know what the average weight gain is...but it should stop once your body realizes it's going to continue getting nutritious food regularly. One of the big things I did to stop the weight gain was start eating a big breakfast (which I'd never done before).This has totally shaken up my metabolism and by eating a big morning meal (instead of a granola bar 3 hrs after I get up), I use up a lot of those extra calories I need to eat AND fuel my body. It has taken a few weeks for my body to start releasing it's grip on my fat cells :devil: ...but I definately started feeling better almost immediately.
  • JessiJean
    A few weeks :sad: I didn't want to hear that, but I needed to :flowerforyou:
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    I don't know what the average weight gain is...but it should stop once your body realizes it's going to continue getting nutritious food regularly. One of the big things I did to stop the weight gain was start eating a big breakfast (which I'd never done before).This has totally shaken up my metabolism and by eating a big morning meal (instead of a granola bar 3 hrs after I get up), I use up a lot of those extra calories I need to eat AND fuel my body. It has taken a few weeks for my body to start releasing it's grip on my fat cells :devil: ...but I definately started feeling better almost immediately.

I'm back on MFP after using it to lose 30 pounds, now I'm trying to lose the rest...and I agree, breakfast is really important. I suggest oatmeal with fruit, eggs w/whole wheat toast or non-fat yogurt with granola and fruit. Those are my breakfast meals and I find that I'm just the right amount of hungry by the time lunch comes around.
  • JessiJean
    I usually can only stomach 1/2 my oatmeal or a banana in the morning. I plan to really try to eat more in the morning. It seems like I am only hungry after 5pm when I finish eating all the chocolate in the house :blushing: .
This discussion has been closed.