Hello! New to the site :) C25K Anyone?

Options
Hello

I have just joined the site and hoping it'll help me lose the 80+ lbs I desire.

I started the couch to 5k journey last week and boy am I aching!! I warm up and warm down properly and also take my rest days but my back is still unhappy with the situation! I'm hoping it improves as I am really enjoying running and already feel stronger after just one week.

I wish everyone else luck in their journey to shed the pounds and hope I get to know some people facing the same struggles.

Replies

• Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Welcome to the site. I am starting the C25K today actually. Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    HI welcome to MFP, I started the C25K today, feel free to add me.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I've made a couple attemps to start C25K and am kinda stuck on week 2, mostly b/c of consistency but would like more friends who are working on this!
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am doing W2D3 tonight! If you find you are really aching, you might need new running shoes. Go and get fitted for some, it will make a world of difference!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP. I am on W5D3 of C25K. I definitely agree with getting some good running shoes, it made the world of difference for me! Feel free to send me a friend request if you like. I log in every day.
  • CarrieMyPhilos
    CarrieMyPhilos Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I started this week; I'm on W1D2 today and still a bit sore from Tuesday's W1D1 run! Maybe we can all do this together? :)
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Hey Welcome to MFP! This is an awesome site, full of wonderful motivation and support. Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Loozin
    Loozin Posts: 91
    Options
    Hello & Welcome,

I've been doing the C25K too.
    It's been a bit of a struggle, but more mentally.

I'm on week 3 and am worried about Week 4, as I was worried about Week 1 before I started, Week 2 after Week 1 & Week 3 after Week 2.

Please feel free to add me too if you wish.

Loozin
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    congratulations to EVERYONE who is doing c25k..it's been one of the most rewarding and personally fulfilling achievements of my life.

I completed c25k a little while ago, but still visit certain workouts to stay sharp and am becoming hopelessly addicted to running as a result. so much so that running is the only exercise I do now.

Good luck to all of you, and please feel free to add me as a friend. c25k ROCKS!!!

Ohhh...and I WAS one of those overweight,chain smokers addicted to junk food who couldn't run after a bus types that lives on the sofa....never in a million years did I even entertain the idea that i could run 100 yards, let alone a 5k.
  • TracyHarmon10
    TracyHarmon10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started C25K a few weeks ago and it is awesome!!! Have lost 30 lbs and need to lose another 15, but have stalled. Hoping this can kick up the weight loss a notch!
  • Superskinnie36
    Superskinnie36 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone , Just joined this site a couple a days ago. what's the C25K? It maybe something I could do as well to keep me
    motivated.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I am starting Week 2 of the C25K tomorrow! I have some soreness, but a lot of it is mentally pushing yourself! I already have noticed a slight loss in my thighs. It feels great to get myself moving though! Anyone feel free to add me, though I warn you, I am a newbie runner and am still trying to figure out what is "normal" soreness and what is "Stop, Ashlin, no more!" soreness. Hah!
  • Loozin
    Loozin Posts: 91
    Options
    I am starting Week 2 of the C25K tomorrow! I have some soreness, but a lot of it is mentally pushing yourself! I already have noticed a slight loss in my thighs. It feels great to get myself moving though! Anyone feel free to add me, though I warn you, I am a newbie runner and am still trying to figure out what is "normal" soreness and what is "Stop, Ashlin, no more!" soreness. Hah!

Me too, re. what is what.
  • freem467
    freem467 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm actually training for a half marathon. Running feels great once you get past the initial soreness.
    Good luck to everyone, hope we can all keep each other motivated!
    Also, five fingers are amazing and everyone should make a point to run in them :) Less stress on joints, and you run how you are naturally supposed to. Your muscles catch you, instead of your bones.
    Feel free to add me!
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    Welcome to the site - you will love it here!
    I re-started C25K Monday. I don't remember it hurting as much, but I was a little thinner last time. :grumble:

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started C25K last week and am on W2D3 (tomorrow). Feel free to friend me!
  • kiwipez
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm actually training for a half marathon. Running feels great once you get past the initial soreness.
    Good luck to everyone, hope we can all keep each other motivated!
    Also, five fingers are amazing and everyone should make a point to run in them :) Less stress on joints, and you run how you are naturally supposed to. Your muscles catch you, instead of your bones.
    Feel free to add me!

I have seen the five fingers, they look cozy, like the socks with toes in them - but they don't look like they give enough cushion when running. What about foot pain and/or heel spurs?
  • oneparrot
    oneparrot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the site too..planning to start c25k today.
  • kiwipez
    Options
    Hello everyone , Just joined this site a couple a days ago. what's the C25K? It maybe something I could do as well to keep me
    motivated.

C25K is short for Couch to 5K - a running program for beginning runners. You build up to running a 5k over 9 weeks. I have an app for my iPhone that will play my playlist and still tell me when I need to run or walk.
  • Shanfoxx
    Shanfoxx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Shannon. I'm new too although I have been a member for a while. What is C25K?