weird weight loss

Options
Does anyone else not lose weight for ten or more days then lose .5-.75 lbs a day for a week? This has happened three times now since I started trying to lose again April14th of this year& I am not sure what is causing it. Thanks for any insight & help!

Replies

• MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Me :). I spoke with my trainer and she said it just happens with some of us. It completly freaks me out!
  • doylej2
    doylej2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's me too! I'll go about 3 weeks at the same weight and then drop 1.5-2 lbs in a week! It's so frustrating.
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yup! I'll fluctuate between 1-2 pounds then suddenly drop 3-4 in a week.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    it's normal as your glands adapts to certain weight before losing...
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    yep, that happens to me as well.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    It happens - I dropped 4 pounds in as many days, and now have been hovering in a narrow 1-2 pound range for a week and a half. And I haven't changed anything up!

But this isn't the first time I've seen that over the past few months. I know I just need to stay the course and keep doing what I'm doing, and soon the scale will continue marching downward again.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Me!!! Since February. I think this is how my body loses.
  • aillie
    aillie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It is always nice to know others are going through the same things, & that it is "normal":~).
  • thuy5
    thuy5 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have this and it used to bother me cause the weight loss did not match the "efforts" but the pattern is pretty repeatable. I lose about 1 kg over night and then the next night drop another kg and hold that weight for about 2 or 3 weeks and then repeat. In the end I think it has averaged out to approx 2kgs a month.
    so strange so would love if some one figures it out!