Lady Lifters - Tell me what you lift.

Options

Replies

• CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am also doing Stronglifts 5x5 (5 reps, 5 sets)

Squats: 85 lbs
    Bench: 60 lbs
    Pendlay Row: 55 lbs
    Overhead Press: 45 lbs
    Deadlifts: 115 lbs (only 1 set of 5 reps)

I did the Jamie Eason Livefit Trainer before this, I have been doing this since mid-April, and I was trying to eat more to support muscle growth but now it's bikini season so I might be doing something different for the summer and try bulking again in the fall.

Im doing Starting Strength on milf calorie deficit and doing fine. Certainly YMMV, however as long as you add weight every time until you've failed a couple times at the same weight you should continue to progress without having to eat for bulking up.
  • justdoit_steph
    Options
    I follow one of Mark Rippitoe Workout Schedules which is 3 sets of 5 reps...

Squats - 135lbs
    Bench Press - 85lbs
    Dead Lift - 155lbs
    Military Press - 70lbs
    Bent Rows - 70lbs

I want to add that I do this on a Smith Machine only because that is all I have available at my FREE gym.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I also do the Stronglifts 5x5...well, I switched to it after 5 months of NROLFW, and now I'm taking a break from lifting for the summer to cut and then I'll pick back up with lifting and bulking in the fall. Bio, the 5x5 numbers are recent and the other stuff is from New Rules.

Bench Press: 70 lbs
    Bicep Curl: don't do
    Overhead Press: 55 lbs
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 80
    Barbell row: 70
    Seated Cable Row: 85
    Squats: 100
    Deadlift: 100

Good luck! Lifting kicks *kitten*.
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    bump-you ladies rock!
  • chantya
    chantya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So much info thanks ladies!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I am just coming back after a month and a half of sitting on my *kitten* and not lifting, so it's not as good as before:

Bench Press: 75lbs
    Bicep Curl: 15 or 20 if I do them
    Military Press: 50 lbs
    Dumbbell Row: 25lbs
    Squats: was 110lbs x 8 until I took a "break" now, 75lbs
    Deadlift: was 135 lbs, now 95lbs

I also do split squats and reverse lunges (from deficit) with 15-20 lb dumbbells.
  • markyp33
    markyp33 Posts: 25
    Options
    I thought I would write in on behalf of my wife as she is not on MFP. She started lifting some three years ago just after we got married. Her weights and reps have remained fairly constant as follows:-

Washing basket 50kg twice a week
    Dirty dishes 1kg twice a day
    Ironing board 3kg as required
    Lawn mower 30kg every Sunday
    Car washing bucket 10kg Saturdaymornings
    Window clean ladder 8kg fortnightly
    Saucepans 2kg on demand
    Vacuum cleaner 8kg daily

I have tried in earnest to increase her reps but everyone has their short comings.........
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    In October the first time I did leg presses I did them at 55 lbs. Now I'm at 315. I love leg day because it's the one day I can go really high on the weights. I feel strong on leg day.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    This is phase 2 of our physique challenge workout, in addition to several others not listed here. I have been lifting weights on and off for several years. Consistently for the past year.

Bench Press: 45 lbs. for 1 set of 12, 50 lbs. for 1 set of 10, 55 lbs. for 1 set of 8, 60 lbs. for 1 set of 6
    Bicep Curl:12.5 lbs. for 3 sets of 12
    Seated DB Military Press: 12.5 lbs. for 1 set of 12, 15 lbs. for 1 set of 10, 17.5 lbs. for 1 set of 8, 20 lbs. for set of 6
    Lateral Raises: 4.4 lbs. for 1 set each of 12, 10, 8, 6
    Skull Crushers:
    Tricep Pulldowns: 20 lbs. for 3 sets of 12
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 50 lbs. for 1 set of 12, 62.5 lbs. for 1 set of 10, 75 lb.s for 1 set of 8, 81.25 lbs. for 1 set of 6
    Barbell Row:
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
    Upright Row: 30 lbs. for 1 set of 12, 35 lbs. for 1 set of 10, 40 lbs. for 1 set of 8, 50 lbs. for 1 set of 6
    Shoulder Shrug:
    Seated Cable Row: 50 lbs. for 1 set of 12, 62.5 lbs. for 1 set of 10, 75 lb.s for 1 set of 8, 81.25 lbs. for 1 set of 6
    Squats: 55 lbs. for 1 set of 12, 65 lbs. for 1 set of 10, 75 lbs. for 1 set of 8, 85 lbs. for 1 set of 6
    Seated Calf Raises: 55 lbs. for 4 sets of 20
    Romanian Deadlift: 55 lbs. for 1 set of 12, 65 lbs. for 1 set of 10, 75 lbs. for 1 set of 8, 85 lbs. for 1 set of 6
    Leg Press:
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts since January. On a bit of a break until I start a more intermediate, lower-set program. My numbers will probably go down after my break, but this is what they are at the moment:

Bench Press: 85lbs
    Shoulder Press: 70lbs
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 110lbs
    Barbell Row: 90lbs
    Squats: 170lbs
    Deadlift: 200lbs
    Leg Press: 275lbs

I don't do a lot of the accessory lifts that were originally posted so I just cut them out. :P
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I was on the Lean Phase of Chalean Extreme up until Saturday when I had a SCAD heart attack. It may or may not have been due to lifting. I will never know. I was only lifting 20 lbs at the heaviest. I will go to cardiac rehab and go from there.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Bench Press: 110 pounds, 6 reps
    Bicep Curl: 15 pound dumbbells, 10 reps
    Shoulder Press: not sure
    Lateral Raises: 20 pounds, 10 reps
    Skull Crushers: 15 pound dumbbells, 10 reps
    Tricep Pulldowns: not sure
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: not sure
    Barbell Row: I do dumbbell rows, 20 pound dumbbells 10 reps
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 20 pound dumbbells, 10 reps
    Upright Row: not sure
    Shoulder Shrug: don't do
    Seated Cable Row: not sure
    Squats: 20 pound dumbbells, 15 reps
    Standing Calf Raises: don't do
    Deadlift: not sure
    Leg Press: about 180 pounds? I think there are 4 plates on the machine, each weighing 45 pounds, 10 or 15 reps, can't remember
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I will tell you... only if you promise not to laugh... I just started. And I'm really weak. Lol.

These are all my 10 rep max's (roughly lol) All in pounds and all with barbells. These are the only exercises I do.

Squats: 50
    Bench press: 35
    Bent over rows: 40
    Overhead press: 25
    Stiff-legged deadlifts: 65
    Bicep curls: 30
    Calf raises: 85

I do 2 sets of each for 8 reps, and I increase it by one rep each week until I hit 12 reps then I start over again at 8 with a heavier weight. Or that's the plan. I found this routine on bodybuilding.com. I can give you the link if you want.
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I was on the Lean Phase of Chalean Extreme up until Saturday when I had a SCAD heart attack. It may or may not have been due to lifting. I will never know. I was only lifting 20 lbs at the heaviest. I will go to cardiac rehab and go from there.

Holy **** are you serious? That is horrible! I wish you swift healing!!! Can I ask if you had any coronary issues previous to this!!?? Are you home? Be well!!!!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    These are not my one rep max. Its set of 4x8 or 3x10. Depending

Bench Press: 55ish?
    Bicep Curl: 20
    Shoulder Press: 35
    Lateral Raises: 10
    Skull Crushers: 35
    Tricep Pulldowns: 50
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 55
    Barbell Row: 40
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 15?
    Upright Row: 35
    Shoulder Shrug: I dont remember
    Seated Cable Row: 65
    Squats: 95
    Standing Calf Raises: 45
    Deadlift: Just learned these. 50
    Leg Press: 125
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5'7" 150lbs 50 years old

Leg Curls 3-8 80
    Leg Extension 3-8 110
    Nautilus Preacher Curl 3-8 65
    Triceps Extension 3-8 45
    Shoulder Press 3-8 85
    Lat Pulldown 3 -10 80
    Abdominal Crunches 3-8 110
    Vertical Chest 6-8 60
    Rear Delt/pec fly seated 3-8 60
    Hip Abduction, Machine, Seated 3-8 160
    Hip Adduction 3-8 110
    Triceps Pull-down 3-8 80
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Holy **** are you serious? That is horrible! I wish you swift healing!!! Can I ask if you had any coronary issues previous to this!!?? Are you home? Be well!!!!

Nope, no issues before, have always worked out, but 2 months ago just started lifting heavier. I am home, slowly recovering. I had two stents put in and a bunch of meds to now take.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm doing NROL4W. I'm about to start stage 4.

Bench Press:2 25 lb dumbbells (working my way up).
    Bicep Curl:
    Shoulder Press: 2 25 lb dumbbells
    Lateral Raises:
    Skull Crushers:
    Tricep Pulldowns:
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 110 lb
    Barbell Row: depends on what the exercise is, there's different types. I'm gonna go with 70 lb.
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
    Upright Row:
    Shoulder Shrug:
    Seated Cable Row: 110 lb
    Squats: 115 lb
    Standing Calf Raises:
    Deadlift: 115 lb
    Leg Press:

I suspect most of these are machines, I don't do those.