How do I target one section of my body?

crystal3000
crystal3000 Posts: 33
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have gained a little weight and It doesn't look all bad. I want to keep my butt and get rid of my stomach and really tone my thighs. With my body type whenever I do cardio I loose everything and I have to rebuild the parts that I want back up. Please let me know how to target certain sections of the body!! Thanks

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Unfortunately, when it comes to fat, there's really no way to tone one part. As you mentioned, cardio will blast fat everywhere, and it will leave from places in an order dictated by your DNA, not your workout. I've heard running is really good for toning the thighs, as well as squats, and lunges. I recommend plier squats for toning the inner thigh (a really tricky area, I find) Squats will build your glutes, so whatever you lose in fat you will hopefully gain back in muscle. As for the tummy, I think the most effective exercise is bicycle crunches, but once again, with out the fat loss, you probably won't see the results you want.

Hope this helps, and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    you can't target fat loss. You have to lose the fat then you can build muscle.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    you can't.

losing everything and building back the parts you want is exactly how you have to do it.
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122

technically you can build muscle before losing fat, but you won't see the muscle when it is covered by fat :blushing:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member

technically you can build muscle before losing fat, but you won't see the muscle when it is covered by fat :blushing:

True, but why would you want to do that?
  • Thank you everyone that was very helpful.........:-)
This discussion has been closed.