How often do you check your weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    My husband is always saying he's going to hide the scale on me because I am obsessed with weighing myself. I weigh myself every morning as soon as I get up... and then of course, if I've had a gain due to whatever I freak out...especially when I've been really good and expecting a loss. It can definitely drive you crazy to weigh yourself daily, and I know I really shouldn't, but I can't help it!!! I think he needs to hide it on me!
  • mrscreager
    mrscreager Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in day is Friday. However, if I have had a really good day (eat right and complete my total workout) then I allow myself a little weigh in treat! :wink:

10531483.png
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Sadly twice a day. First thing after my morning bathroom break and again at night.
  • desertdutchman
    desertdutchman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A year ago I bought a Withings scale -- and I've weighed myself every morning since. I love the fact that it records my weight, BMI and lean/fat percentage automatically to my account. I've lost 20 pounds, and yes, I do see daily fluctuations. But they don't bother me. It's the general downward slope on the graph that motivates me to keep going.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a day, morning before eating or drinking and without clothes, and at night right before bed. I don't allow the natural fluctuation to bother me; but I like knowing every day. The night weights allows me to anticipate what my morning weight will be, and my daily morning weigh in keeps me on track. Over the years my weight has gone up and down, it ONLY goes up when I stop weighing myself. If I hold myself accountable by weighing every day, I don't get derailed. Some people can't handle it and find it more demotivational and discouraging than anything. It's not for everyone.

^^This is EXACTLY me as well
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I put my scale in my bedroom door so I weigh myself each morning before I got potty in the morning, then I check my blood sugar then I check my blood pressure. I only enter the lower weight if it is the same lower amt 2 days running.

Whoot what a routine, I feel like an old lady.
  • SanniHope
    SanniHope Posts: 23
    Options
    Once a week. Officially at least. Occasionally I'll step on the scale during the rest of the week but if it has fluctuated, I don't let it get me down.

If you think it will frustrate you, measure instead. Waist, hips, and bust/chest. Wrist & neck if you want as well. I wouldn't suggest doing that weekly but once a month. It is usually a better indicator of whether or not you are losing fat mass imo.

I didn't think about it, you're right especially if you're doing some major tone up exercises (not my case, but still).

Thanks a lot!
  • NancyTG78
    NancyTG78 Posts: 6
    Options
    Daily: every morning before I eat or drink and after I've used the bathroom.
  • myke66
    myke66 Posts: 11
    Options
    I weigh each morning after I wake up and use the restroom. I forget where I read it but it said that the mornings were the best time to weight in for a consistent tracking.
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Some recommend weekly, I myself prefer daily, after you pee in the morning, but before breakfast (a vente coffee weighs around a pound!). Weighing yourself over the day just measures what you take in and put out...won't give you an accurate idea of what your body is doing.

LOL! And I thought I was the only one! I weigh myself daily. However my official weigh day is wednesday. Im not ashame to admit that I'm a little obsessed with the scale. As long as I don't start doing anything drastic because of the numbers, I will be fine :smile:
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after I go to the bathroom, before I eat/drink anything.

^^ This!

I tend to be a bit of competitive with myself, the daily fluctuations don't bother me that much (if I go up a pound it's no big) but whenever it goes down to a new number I'm not going to lie...scantily clad happy dance! :laugh:
  • tiffhunt21
    tiffhunt21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I go to the bathroom and I just don't record anything until Thursday morning on MFP on my real weigh in day! :) Seems to be working for me! :)
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sadly twice a day. First thing after my morning bathroom break and again at night.
    [/quote

That's fine I sometimes weight three times a day. In the morning when I get off, after I wake up, and then after a workout.
  • deborahjr
    deborahjr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I get very obsessed with the scale and when it is there I end up weighing myself every day...and the fluctuations really affect and potentially derail me. I weigh myself once every 2-3 weeks and then take my scales to a friends and leave them there. This actually pushes me to do better as i know that after 2 weeks I will definitely have lost, just a question of how much, and so that pushes me to work out and eat better so I see minus 5lbs rather than minus 2lbs
  • melissa10666
    Options
    hi :)
    i weigh myself on sunday mornings before breakfast
    i used to weigh myself daily but it can be quite disheartning if you can't see a difference, plus water retention can increase your weight

melissa :) x
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    When I was at school, I used to weigh myself every 2 weeks, but now since I can't find my scale since I've come back home I haven't gotten on a scale at all. When I get my scale I'll probably do it every week untill I see muscle and then I'll switch to measurements of that.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    When I remember haha! Iv got my own set of scales finally though so I will do it everyday now and keep a wee diary but only record it on her 1s a week
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    When I remember haha! Iv got my own set of scales finally though so I will do it everyday now and keep a wee diary but only record it on her 1s a week

Ops *here*
  • julieellam
    julieellam Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Monthly for me, by the Doctor or Nurse.
  • jusme085
    jusme085 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after I go to the bathroom, before I eat/drink anything.

Same here, but more for interests sake than taking it seriously. I have 1 weigh in a week that is recorded...