trying to kick start my journey

Options
hi there. my name is gretchen and i'm trying to start my weight loss journey.
my start weight is 210lbs, 5'11".
and have ballooned to a size 14-15.
my goal weight is 145-150.
i'm 28 yrs old.

i am getting married next winter in jamaica and really want to look good for my wedding, my future husband and for myself. i want to feel like i can wear anything i want and not worry about pulling down my shirts or squeezing into shorts from 2 summers ago......i would love to see myself in a size 7 or 9 again.....

i have been talking about getting into shape for sometime now and i seem to be finding more excuses than reasons not to work out. i also injured my foot over the holidays on a snowboard trip and have been slowly recovering from hyper extended ligaments. i am somewhat limited as to what i can do for the the next few weeks as i still have quite a limp. does anyone have any suggestions on some light exercises i could start on? i feel like i've been couped up inside forever. (cookies and ice cream work very well to mend an injury).

i'm looking forward to reap the benefits of better health for i finally just quit smoking for good 2 months ago. i smoked since i was 13. gross huh. well i am happy to say i am a proud non smoker and i guess in a way i feel like if i can quit THAT, i can pretty much do anything so i'm almost ready to give it a shot.
thanks for reading my entry and i hope to be sharing some stories with you soon.
cheers......
gretchen

Replies

• missnovember
    Options
    hi there. my name is gretchen and i'm trying to start my weight loss journey.
    my start weight is 210lbs, 5'11".
    and have ballooned to a size 14-15.
    my goal weight is 145-150.
    i'm 28 yrs old.

i am getting married next winter in jamaica and really want to look good for my wedding, my future husband and for myself. i want to feel like i can wear anything i want and not worry about pulling down my shirts or squeezing into shorts from 2 summers ago......i would love to see myself in a size 7 or 9 again.....

i have been talking about getting into shape for sometime now and i seem to be finding more excuses than reasons not to work out. i also injured my foot over the holidays on a snowboard trip and have been slowly recovering from hyper extended ligaments. i am somewhat limited as to what i can do for the the next few weeks as i still have quite a limp. does anyone have any suggestions on some light exercises i could start on? i feel like i've been couped up inside forever. (cookies and ice cream work very well to mend an injury).

i'm looking forward to reap the benefits of better health for i finally just quit smoking for good 2 months ago. i smoked since i was 13. gross huh. well i am happy to say i am a proud non smoker and i guess in a way i feel like if i can quit THAT, i can pretty much do anything so i'm almost ready to give it a shot.
    thanks for reading my entry and i hope to be sharing some stories with you soon.
    cheers......
    gretchen
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well first, welcome!

2nd, huge congratz on the quitting smoking. That is awesome!

3rd, as to exercises that don't bother your legs, If I had to say 1 that is the best, it would
    be swimming. I understand that swimming is a huge commitment, but if your gym has
    a pool, it's GREAT exercise, big calorie burner and it tones much of your body. As to others,
    well, you might want to grab a quick, 1/2 hour session with a trainer and have her/him
    tell you what they think is best, because I can't think of a lot of fat burning exercises that
    you don't use your legs for, at least minimally. I'm sure there are plenty, and others on here
    may have good ideas, but most of the ones I think of have at least a little to do with your
    legs.
  • missnovember
    Options
    thanks for the encouraging words and tips. i think i'll go to the pool today!
    cheers!
  • tiretread
    Options
    Congrats on quiting smoking. Good luck with the wedding and I hope you attain your goal.