What Food Do You MISS MOST that you know you'd go...

Options

Replies

• AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Why are there so many of these posts? What is the point in thinking about what you cannot have whilst sticking to your calorie limits?

Just for fun mainly "chit-chat, fun, and games" ;)

But also, some people make it even more aware to themselves that.. this food shouldn't be in my house or close to me. :sick:
  • Barbie1125
    Barbie1125 Posts: 115
    Options
    Chicken wings .. any kind at this point even the hottest ones!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.

I cannot be left alone with cheesecake.

SAME HERE:

37785_1350275810442_1637760028_922457_6732656_n.jpg

I have the same problem. That pic is evil.
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    Is there truth to the notion that in general, men crave grease and meat and women crave sugar and chocolate more?

I'm not saying I don't enjoy a good sundae, or a woman can't crave a good steak or burger, but when you see these posts, it seems like the women always post something sugary or high-carb, and the men are quite a bit more likely to post something meat-based.

I wonder if its a body chemistry thing.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    :drinker:
    Why are there so many of these posts? What is the point in thinking about what you cannot have whilst sticking to your calorie limits?

It's a way to vent and blow off steam for me.

2nd that as well!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Is there truth to the notion that in general, men crave grease and meat and women crave sugar and chocolate more?

I'm not saying I don't enjoy a good sundae, or a woman can't crave a good steak or burger, but when you see these posts, it seems like the women always post something sugary or high-carb, and the men are quite a bit more likely to post something meat-based.

I think it's cultural.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

I think they are talking more about "trigger" foods. Foods that it's hard to keep to just one portion... or keep within your calorie goal.

For me, I can't have a large bag of any type of chips in the house because I cannot stop myself at one portion. I just buy one vending machine size bag when the craving hits....
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Baked goods and bread...

I also really really really want to go to the Greek Deli around the corner from work... thier Lamb Platter is the best thing EVER! it also must be like 4000 calories.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options

Agreed. I don't deprive myself of ANYTHING. It's all about moderation.

AND, if you're going to eat the whole bag of chips or the entire cake, just move your *kitten* more! :drinker:
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It's a woman thing, Douglas. Why do married men stare at pictures of sexy women and fantasize when they know they can't have them?
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

I can have whatever I want, I don't starve myself or deny myself anything as long as I am wise about it. But even when I wasn't tracking my calories, I nixed double stuff oreos from entering my domain because I know how many I will eat.
  • jgotteiner
    jgotteiner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    potato chips or really good twice cooked french fries
  • AimersBee
    Options

I don't know if that is more so a generalization from way back when?

But I know for myself - I enjoy salty foods (ex. chips, etc)
    And my boyfriend eats more chocolate than myself... soooo...

Hmm.. haha
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Pizza definitely... I can eat half of a large with no problem. I lose my mind!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    cheese and crackers. I have to be really careful. As long as I don't buy a big bag, I can eat and be satisfied with a smal bag of lay's kettle cooked chips with vinegar. Yum! Pop tarts are the devil as is cherry coke and any kind of cake. I cannot keep those things in the house.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    It's a woman thing, Douglas. Why do married men stare at pictures of sexy women and fantasize when they know they can't have them?

Haha, too funny..
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to sweets. However on this journey I am able to refrain. I will have a piece of a cookie I can have a half of a cupcake. BUT a CINNABON must be eaten whole, with extra cream cheese and pecans!!! Its shameful.
  • 12strikes
    12strikes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    free-krispy-kreme-donuts.jpg
    Need I say more?
  • rodafer
    rodafer Posts: 63
    Options
    Plain and simple Chocolate sheet cake with vanilla butter frosting from Wal-Mart. I can eat that like crazy.
    Also chips or chewy candies.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Baked mac and cheese, buttery tuna melts, and loaded nachos. *drool*