who still craves the bad stuff?

Options
So...I hear lots of people say that, over time, your body stops craving "bad" foods, and you stop feeling hungry all the time.

For me, that hasn't been true, and I've lost about 20 lbs. I'd still tear the *kitten* out of a Chinese buffet if I could do so without consequences.

I also still feel hungry A LOT, but it might take my body a while to learn how to tell the difference between hunger, thirst, and just wanting to eat.

Anyone else still craving bad foods?

Replies

• 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I definitely still crave bad foods. oooh Chinese buffet sounds good lol.

However, I do notice that I'm not as hungry as often as I used to be.

Now while I do crave bad foods, I feel like absolute crap after eating them. My body just can't handle it the same anymore.
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have lost 115 and I still have trouble fighting the cravings. I give in a little bit but not so much that I feel crapy. Self control!
    As far as being hungry try to eat more foods with fiber or take a fiber suplement. It helps you stay full.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    *as I'm munching on a cookie*

I still get cravings and I've been at this just over 3 months. I fear I will always have cravings. However, I've learned the benefit of planning for the "bad" things and just trying to work it off that day or the day after.

Today is my birthday and I'm heading to Disneyland. I know for a FACT that I will NOT be able to resist a churro and some pineapple dole whip! Yummy! :tongue:
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Me! All the time. I try to remind myself of how *gross* a lot of that stuff is in reality and make better versions of it. Sometimes I will let myself have something bad and just work it into the day somehow though. I find if I do eat something bad (like chips, which I use to be able to eat a whole *big* bag of) I just get a small snack size one and I'm good. Feels much better!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Yup, Going to have some McDonald's today. At most it's going to mess with my sodium a little bit, no biggie. I don't recall the last time I had it, and it just sounds good.

I'm happy for the people who say that their forays into the alleged wonders of clean eating have shown their taste buds the light. I, on the other hand, will just continue to fit my McDs into my macros and calories now and then because it tastes good.
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    I'm a fan of "most things in moderation". I have a Disney World trip in November w/the family, and my intent is to just try to be semi-reasonable with eating, and walk all over the place to do no worse than maintain weight during the trip.