I'm new here... :D

Options
Hi, i'm Andy and obviously i'm overweight. I've been trying everything, but i typically give up before it even has a chance to work... But not this time! I'm keeping track of every calorie i intake and i'm working out half an hour a day! I'm going to lose the weight! Although it is a bit lonely... If anyone has some tips to keep me motivated that would be great!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy! Welcome. Set some realistic goals for yourself and then follow through and you'll be great!

Consider learning your BMR and TDEE (there's a lot of sites on the internet for calculating those). They'll help you determine how many calories to eat. Then you can tweak MFP to fit YOUR needs better.

One site I like is:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • thatginger96
    Options
    It suggested i eat more than MFP did... Should i just go with MFP since it's less?
  • geneslilwifey
    Options
    I have set to lose 10 pounds by each month. So far I have achieved those. You set small goals. I have also set a goal of drinking more water and to stay off pop I have done that as well but remember it takes time it doesn't just happen over night. I have lost almost 22 pounds in a month so I know if I can do it you can do it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    It suggested i eat more than MFP did... Should i just go with MFP since it's less?
    It typically does, yes.
    Try a few different BMR calculators. Just make sure you don't eat too little. MFP often defaults to 1200 a day, which never seems like enough to me.

Here's another:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I have set to lose 10 pounds by each month. So far I have achieved those. You set small goals. I have also set a goal of drinking more water and to stay off pop I have done that as well but remember it takes time it doesn't just happen over night. I have lost almost 22 pounds in a month so I know if I can do it you can do it.
    Keep in mind, when you have more to lose, you lose more each week/month.

I'm eating well and exercising and losing about 1/2 pound a month. But I only have 3 or 4 LBS to lose.
  • LadyBug56711
    Options
    Set small goals for yourself and when you finish start again until you lose what you want. I also have hard times but since I started this program I feel better about myself and you will to. Have a great day!!
  • TheChosenOne_
    Options
    Add me if you want =D
  • thatginger96
    Options
    Okay thanks! And i will set small goals each month so it will be easier to follow through. Thanks for the help everyone, if you don't mind i'm going to add all of you.
  • tandrewski
    Options
    im new too, question was it hard to get off pop?? i only drink diet, but should pondering to quit pop all together, i drink alot of water drinker when i exercise but stop there.... idk
  • thatginger96
    Options
    The first week was a bit hard but after that the thought of pop just grosses me out. It's been about 6 months. I lost 10 pounds just from that!
  • geneslilwifey
    Options
    im new too, question was it hard to get off pop?? i only drink diet, but should pondering to quit pop all together, i drink alot of water drinker when i exercise but stop there.... idk

It was hard for me. I was a diet pop and diet fountain drinker I had to drink it everyday. I bough a lot of crystal light and sugar free stuff as well as propel for your water. I drink just plain water most of the time now but now and then I want more taste. I do mot feel bloated now like I did when I drank pop all the time.
  • costagirl79
    costagirl79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    After the 1st week, it get soo much easier to choose other drinks than pop.. quitting pop will be one good thing you can do for your body & yourself:smile:
  • swnerd
    swnerd Posts: 3
    Options
    Ginger,

Get some friends through the post's. Do some bloging about your day and how you feel about where you are. It gets kinda fun to input all your foods for the day. Feel free to add me for support.