HRM reviews

Options
cushygal
cushygal Posts: 586 Member
Hello.

I just bought a HRM. I went with the solo 960, rather than the polar. Now after reading reviews I am not so sure, I think the buy at best buy may have upsold it to me(even though its 10$ cheaper than the polar) anyone familiar with it?

I bought this for the sole purpose to use when weight training, but I do like the extra functions for tracking my steps as I am a runner. I normally wear the Garmin 305 when I run and I wear a FitBit daily.

Is this HRM ok for what I need or should I get the Polar?

Thanks

Claudette

Replies

• cushygal
    Options
    anybody?
  • cushygal
    Options
    anyone???
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    No heart rate monitor (or other portable device.) is anywhere near accurate for weight training. They are all designed around steady state cardio. Just going to have to guess.
    Sorry.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a polar HRM and I really liked it for walking and running. It doesn't do much for weight training, and because of that I don't actually log my NROL calories. I've calculated how much I need to eat (with a 300 calorie cut) on active workout days and on non-workout days and I stick to that as best I can. I do some cardio on days I'm not weight training, so those days I'll wear my HRM to walk or run, and just eat my exercise calories back to net my "non-workout" calories.