can i drink my calories?

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i dont make it an every day thing...although i did do it once this week....i have logged everything that im going to eat today...i've done fairly good....i ate chicken and steak for lunch with a ton of veggies and imma have chicken for dinner with a ton of veggies as well for breakfast i only had a clementine... i wasnt hungry at all but wanted to give my metabolism a boost...well anyway here is my question... i am going out to play poker tonight and there is an open bar there...i was wondering is it ok since i have 400 calories left to drink them?:laugh: it shouldnt do too much damage right??:huh:

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Every once in a while I think this is ok. Just keep in mind that alcohol will slow your metabolism. My weakness is for red wine :laugh: Have fun:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    I do it :bigsmile: :drinker:

As long as it's not an every day thing, once in a while isn't gonna hurt ya.......but 400 calories in drinks goes fast.........I'd work out a bit if I were you so I could drink more :laugh: :drinker:
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    What about a Meal Replacement Shake?
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    every once in a while does no harm. but make sure you look up the counts of your drinks before you go because the counts on some of those drinks is absolutely ridiculous.
  • hasiangirl
    I do it :bigsmile: :drinker:

As long as it's not an every day thing, once in a while isn't gonna hurt ya.......but 400 calories in drinks goes fast.........I'd work out a bit if I were you so I could drink more :laugh: :drinker:
    lol im drinking vodka and low cal monster lol soooooo for 3 drinks its 290 :bigsmile: but yea imma do work outs before going
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    If this is really going to be a lifestyle change and not just a diet you have to ask yourself:

Can I really never drink an alcoholic beverage EVER again in my life?

My answer was no. I don't drink often, but I know that there will be an occasion when I will want some wine or a beer. So...

If your answer was like mine the answer is yes, it's okay.

But again they are 'empty' calories with no nutritional value, so it shouldn't be done all the time - unless you take gobs of vitamins or something. ;-)

And Kellch made me grin when she said: "I'd work out a bit if I were you so I could drink more"

If one glass of wine is a little less than 100 calories I could have four - and then I'd be on the floor! I never could hold my liquor. :-)
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Keep in mind that your body does not burn fat when alcohol is present. If you don't mind a slight delay in fat burning action, then go ahead and indulge.

Just can't make it a habit. :bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker:
  • kellch
    If this is really going to be a lifestyle change and not just a diet you have to ask yourself:

My answer was no. I don't drink often, but I know that there will be an occasion when I will want some wine or a beer. So...

But again they are 'empty' calories with no nutritional value, so it shouldn't be done all the time - unless you take gobs of vitamins or something. ;-)

And Kellch made me grin when she said: "I'd work out a bit if I were you so I could drink more"

If one glass of wine is a little less than 100 calories I could have four - and then I'd be on the floor! I never could hold my liquor. :-)

:laugh: :bigsmile:

maybe I have a problem:embarassed:
  • hasiangirl

lolll very true....i dont drink all the time, but when i go out and theres a bar I DRINK lol so ill just save my occasions for once or twice a month,,,,and since its a new month this is gonna be my once :laugh:
  • Wecandothis
    Plenty of people make the choice not to drink or eat anything with processed sugar. And I celebrate that choice with them.

But I'm a realist and I know it's going to happen. I've got a lot of years to live and during that time I'll drink and eat a twinkie!

Well maybe not a twinkie...
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Please take a cab home.
  • hasiangirl
    Please take a cab home.
    lol my boyfriends driving...i dont drive drunk
  • kellch
    Empty calories...........you COULD have a vodka and OJ :bigsmile: :drinker: Vitamin C :tongue:
  • hasiangirl
    Empty calories...........you COULD have a vodka and OJ :bigsmile: :drinker: Vitamin C :tongue:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but then ill have extra calories ...lol im pretty much only drinking the vodka calories :laugh: :laugh: and hey they say alchohal is a good disinfectant...so im just disinfecting my insides right ? lol
  • kellch
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but then ill have extra calories ...lol im pretty much only drinking the vodka calories :laugh: :laugh: and hey they say alchohal is a good disinfectant...so im just disinfecting my insides right ? lol

Yes! Lets disinfect!! :drinker:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Plenty of people make the choice not to drink or eat anything with processed sugar. And I celebrate that choice with them.

But I'm a realist and I know it's going to happen. I've got a lot of years to live and during that time I'll drink and eat a twinkie!

Well maybe not a twinkie...

I absolutely agree you totally rock:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin:
  • Wecandothis
    and hey they say alchohal is a good disinfectant...so im just disinfecting my insides right ? lol

That's hilarious!!!!!!!!!! I'm rolling with laughter.

And thank you Shanta!!! :heart:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Drink for me!! I had to stop drinking because of a medication I'm on. I still DRINK every once in a while but I can't do it very often:sad: so drink for those of use that can't!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Just make sure you're not drinking on an empty stomach- that does the most damage to your liver.
  • hasiangirl
    Just make sure you're not drinking on an empty stomach- that does the most damage to your liver.
    nope i'm still eating good foods today...just not any high caloric snacks...Lol damnit that smartfood popcorn is calling my name too...
    and buerer I'll drink an extra drink for u hun seeing as i just walked a good walk and earned myself an extra 137drinking calories :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but in all honesty i dont drink all that much either anymore i drank i think 2 times maybe last month...and this is gonna be my number one of the month and number 2 wont come around till either the end of the month or the beginning of next month :cry:
This discussion has been closed.