NSV...Out with the kids today...

Options
iamkarent
iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
I know this may not be a big deal for many people...but for me..it just reinforces for me what a better place I am in..and LOVING IT..

Took my two youngest out shopping this morning..they needed sandals. The older two are in school...

So we found some great ones...and it was getting to be lunch time ...they asked for pizza...

Well..I have been doing awesome...so our pizza intake went from once or twice a week to...none for the last couple weeks...

I thought about it...and realized there was a pizza hut $5 all you can eat buffet lunch across the street.

I figured...one slice...and salad bar...go in knowing I can choose any slice I want...BUT ONE!

It was easy...I did it...kids feasted...but yet...they ate plenty off the salad bar plate I made them as well...but they got their treat in...

I picked my one slice..and only ate the low cal veggies...no junk..light dressing...and added hard boiled egg as a safe protein to fill me up...far from a great salad bar ...but enough to let me eat with them while they had their treat

What was even better..was when the bill came and it was $5.45 because apparently they dont charge for toddlers and we had been drinking water...BONUS...lol

Replies

• niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    What a great NVS great for you:)
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Pizza is my weakness, so I don't know if I could have done that. I will say that I LOVE the Lean Cusine pizzas though...eat them once or twice a week. It sounds like you have really taken control of your food.
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great job! I still struggle with pizza. I can't stop at one piece yet, but I burn the rest off.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! pizza is such a hard temptation to beat! So glad you were able to stick with your plan! :) Keep up the great work!
  • litaita
    litaita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Definitely a victory! Good job!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Be very proud of your willpower.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well done you! Next time try taking them to nandos - really good for dieters...1/4 chicken 200kcals, side salad 69kcals, corn on cob 69kcals, ratatouille 92kcals...loads more!! Says on their website :-)
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Nandos sounds great ...unfortunately we don't have anything like that near by here where I am in New Hampshire :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!