Need Calcium?

Options
I was wondering if anyone knows.... I want to make sure I'm getting enough Calcium (I'm Menapausal) and does anyone know if the "tracker" is based on %DV or mg? I know I should be getting 600 mg a day, but not sure HOW to set that up in the "goal" area? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's percentage. I'm premenopausal and am taking supplements since i just can't seem to get the calcium numbers up to where they should be.
  • AlyssaLoflin
    AlyssaLoflin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to set that up, but you could just get some viactiv calcium chews they have 500 and they are super tasty, in either chocolate or caramel, you can get them at walmart or any drugstore in the vitamin section. You can have up to 2 a day, they also have vitamin D and potassium in them so look at that if you have an issue with blood clotting or kidney issues I know potassium is an issue for that.
  • sugaraddict
    Options
    I'm 58 and post menopause. I have been told to have 1500 mgs of calcium today. I added calcium to be one of my nutrition counters and set the goal for 150%. I usually end up meeting my goal without taking supplements.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I take a supplement daily about 400-1200 mg with magnesium and Vit D(depends on how many I remember to take each day lol!) I also try to get a fair amount of potassium in my food since they all work together. I find the only kind of minerals I can take is citrate, the others collect around my ankles and give me joint pain because they do not absorb as well. I like Trader Joe's brand. I have tracked potassium but not calcium so I am not sure about your other question. Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    The tracker is %DV for calcium, and the recommended daily amount for women from 19-50 is 1000 mg.