Do U Log Raw Celery?

Options
deevatude
deevatude Posts: 322 Member
since u burn off celery really fast, is there a point in logging it?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat-good, bad or ugly. Including celery.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Is there an advantage to NOT logging it? It takes a couple seconds to do, and I can think of several solid reasons to log it:
    1) Logging everything that goes in your mouth is a good habit
    2) Having everything logged can help identify problems and trends in the future- digestive discomfort, plateaus, food allergies
    3) If someone else is looking at your diary- a nutritionist, friend looking for new meal ideas- whoever- it's easier if they know what you're actually eating
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yes, b/c I either eat it with hummus, peanut butter or laughing cow cheese!
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't track vitamin intake, just carbs, fat, and protein. Because of this, I usually don't log small servings of veggies, but if I eat them with butter or dip or something, I make sure to log that. I think it depends on your goals and how obsessive you need to be...and I don't mean obsessive in a bad way, just that some people feel they have to be precise while others don't. Another poster made a good point about figuring out food sensitivities and such, though. You've got to find what works for you. I personally would rip my hair out of my head trying to log a single leaf of iceberg on a sandwich :bigsmile:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options

I was going to mention that I usually use celery to hold the hummus-and it might seem odd to just have some hummus logged as a snack. I can picture licking dorito cheese off my fingers, but hummus?
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do. According to the database with 3 stalks of raw Trader Joe's organic celery I had:
    30 calories
    8 carbs
    2 protein
    2 fiber
    135 sodium

Yes, they're small amounts but they count so I like to know and have a record of that.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I was going to mention that I usually use celery to hold the hummus-and it might seem odd to just have some hummus logged as a snack. I can picture licking dorito cheese off my fingers, but hummus?

Nothing wrong with that:tongue:
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I track everything so I know when I eat my biggest meals, when I tend to snack, what I eat most of (this is good for grocery lists) and to have a record in case I need to get certain types of food in (if I need more fat/protein/calories in general). I find it useful.
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It is digested fast... so it has no calories or something? Yeah, not right. On either account. I would log it because it does have calories (the arguement that it takes more to digest celery than it contubutes in calories doesn't work with MFP because the calories of all digestion is part fo your TDEE) and I like to track my macro and micronutrients.
  • tommytorquestick
    Options
    I always thought that the body uses more energy to burn celery than what is in it. Nothing big, just 1 calorie for each calorie of celery. But in the database it is listed, but it's not many calories. Something like 10 calories for 2 large stalks. That is why I log it.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Goes in as a stick, comes out as a log... yep seems like you should log it.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I LOG IT AS NEGATIVE CALORIE FOODZ SINCE IT BURNZ MORE TO DIGEST IT THAN IT CONTAINZ.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    chocolate makes me hiper so i no log cuz it makes me hiper and i burnz it offz fazt
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    U cud burn it alaway by doin thiz

funny-gifs-technological-pleasure.gif
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    every calorie counts, so why not log it?
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I log everything included my no calorie sweetener
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    Raw celery may not contain many calories, but it does contain alot of potassium, dietary fibre, vitamin C and folate........you might want to keep track of those so it's worth logging :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat without logging, you will get way better bang for your buck if you eat a bacon cheeseburger, a pepperoni pizza, and some ice cream for dessert.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's high sugar for a veggie, also high sodium and potassium.