Motivation

Options
what do you all do to get and stay motivated to exercise? I used to get up at 430 every morning and workout for roughly an hour and I LOVED it. Starting the day in a healthy positive way, getting some other stuff done as well since I didn't have to get my son up until 630, all that kind of stuff was great. Now, here I am, more than a year since I quit doing that (though I didn't quite exercising all together until about 6 mths ago) and I just can't seem to find the motivation! I put all my clothes out the night before, turn lights on and even get up and move around when the alarm goes off, but once I put the dogs out and get them fed, I go back to bed. My poor big dog is probably feeling neglected too, he hasn't had a weekday early morning walk since October!

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    There is no secret. You just have to do it.
  • coachtruder
    coachtruder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We will look forward to seeing your post tomorrow saying "I did it! I got up at 4:30am and worked out for an hour!" :) Hope you can do it!!!! :)
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I set small goals and treats for myself. But I also try to productively use my free time. For instance, I always allow myself a "cheat meal" (something doesn't fit my food outline) once a week. Last weekend, it was supposed to be French toast. While trying to pick a place to go (and realizing it would be 1000 calories for just a few slices), I kept looking around and ended up finding a vegan french toast recipe that fit in my plans. It was only 300 calories but I still got my treat. Also, I completed one of my other goals I give myself which is to try something new every 2 weeks (when I go grocery shopping)!

Those small, in-between goals and treats help keep me motivated without killing my hard work! :D