Ready to live

Options
Hello all, I'm Lisa, I'm a marreid working woman, suffering from a bad case of empty nest sydrome. My oldest son has been in the Military for a year now, and it has been rough. I have decided to lose 40 lbs. and start a new life, traveling and boating, and doing whatever me and the Hubby want to do, the sky is the limit...right? We lost our youngest son, 12 years ago, in an accident, thats when I started gaining, and gaining, and gaining. Well, I'm ready for some change, and I'm not giving up this time, until I reach my goal, Oh and we got a puppy :smooched:

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Bless you Lisa! Life is for living, and I'm honestly happy to hear that you've decided to embrace that for yourself. :)

Welcome to this place where you will be offered the opportunity to learn a great deal about food and nutrition (I certainly have!) and where you will find good people who are happy to help and encourage.

We're here for you.
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Welcome aboard! good for you for getting out there and living life! What kind of puppy you'd get?
  • lisakotz
    Options
    He is a lab great pyrenese mix. We named him Big O, because he's a big o dog, with big o feet, lol. He is growing fast, and is so smart, he already has learned to fetch, and loves the challenge of getting treats from his Kong toy, he so funny to watch, he's big and clumsy, but a good puppy non the less. He's about 4 mos old now.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: you work hard.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises.:laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: