13 years and counting, new user

rhndsu
rhndsu Posts: 3 Member
Hello, I'm new to MFP, I have been tracking about a week. I've been trying to lose weight since I was 12 and I just turned 25. I live in North Dakota. I have a wedding with a very skimpy bride's maid dress in January, hence the kick start. I don't plan to get to my goal by January, that would be completely unrealistic but I'm hoping to be about 40lbs down. For my "ideal" BMI I'm looking to lose 110lbs total. I'm not too worried about the "ideal" BMI weight because I know those can be completely off for some people, I just want to look good, feel good and achieve the workout goals I'd like to achieve.

Right now my goal is to run a 5K, I finally ran one full mile without stopping 2 weeks ago buy haven't been able to do it since. I'm just touching base with the community here as I have heard it is easier with help. I've been a solo act for a long time on my weight loss, that could explain why I haven't lost weight. The only time I lost any significant weight was when my father dictated my diet and had me at an 1100 cal intake for 3 months. It worked, I just couldn't do it by myself. My goal is to find something that will work for me this time doing it my way!

Feel free to suggest work out routines as well! I'm trying to find something I'll actually do that I can have fun with. Right now running is the only thing I'll stick to, any strength or lifting techniques are usually failed on me. I enjoy resistance stuff I can do at home, but I have no equipment so lunges and squats and push-ups etc.

Replies

• iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Welcome!

It's always easier with support.

I'm in the middle of the 30 day Shred currently and I enjoy the workout. Jillian has a few videos that aren't horrible when you start. You sure do feel them the first few days though!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Welcome! I'm in the middle of the 30 Day Shred as well by Jillian Michaels. The first 3 days were pretty hard (soreness), but after that I am really starting to feel and see a difference. You can modify it to your level as well. I think you would see big results with adding that to your workout routine...and it's only 25 mins!!!
  • tazkam03
    tazkam03 Posts: 16
    Welcome. I just started back on here myself. Feel free to add me so we can be an inspiration to each other. ...
    Kami