dieting and being shunned by my over weight friends

Options
2»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I am a female, and I work with primarily guys in my line of work (i work for a flooring company). I used to go to lunch with a couple of friends and we would go for fast food or pizza or what have you.

After I started MFP again (about 2 months ago) I stopped going with them. It took me awhile to actually start dropping the pounds, and at one point one of the guys (who happens to be overweight...he looks pregnant) was mad because I didn't want anything for lunch and he said "oh yeah I forgot you're on some kind of bullsh*t diet that's not working."

It did hurt my feelings of course, but I didn't let it stop me; and now he's eating his words because I KNOW people are seeing a difference in my body.

Don't let people deter you EVER!!!! 9 times out of 10 they are jealous of your progress and/or willpower to eat healthy.

i'd have told him that his fertility treatments were working and ask when the baby was due or at least i would have said "yeah maybe i should give yours a try". but then again i'm a b**ch :laugh:

anyway, what a jerkface your coworker is
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It doesn't happen as often to me but usually I end up saying "meh" and eat to my content and just make it up the rest of the week.

If I overeat 1500 calories that day, I subtract 300 calories for the next 5 days and it's all good.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You can't please everyone.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    **** em.....get new friends.

Yanno! I find that I enjoy hanging out with friends who are like minded a whole lot more than the others. I don't feel shunned, but rather I choose not to hang out with some. It's not about me being such a purest (although I am), but I've simply outgrown them. We can eat, drink, and be merry, but show me that you care about yourself at least a little!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    NO and its not impossible. The more you want to change, the easier it'll be. I eat out constantly and you can be sure im eating healthy!
  • AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WOW 80! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!