obsessed with call intake.

Options
is everyone else obsessed with how many calls they consume in a day. i shave off calls were i can, i sort my meals to find the lowest calls i can. My day is taken by what can i eat today.

Replies

• sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    not so much, no. If anything I am more obsessed that I get enough protein and have a balanced day.
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hi kathy

yes, this happened to me and i virtually stopped eating, logging calories made me completely obsessed

it was helpful at first just to learn new recipes from others and have a 'new' awareness of cal value

i stopped logging but still don't eat enough

i pop on here from time to time just for better health ideas

can't really advise you apart from when my appetite is real bad i'll make green smothies
  • dentedearmuffs1
    Options
    Yes, absolutely, which is why I do not count calories anymore. It completely took over my life and all I could think about what calories had gone in and I had left for the day. It became an obsession to the point where it became easier to fall off the wagon.

So now i just watch what I eat, trying to each much healthier, unprocessed foods, and intense exercise 5x a week. I figured if this is really going to be a lifestyle change for me and not a diet, I don't' want to spend the rest of my life logging every single calorie. I still look at nutritional facts to see calories and sometimes estimate a ballpark of what I'm eating, but I don't log anymore. So far it's been working and I'm not going crazy over everyday.
  • lachique
    lachique Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm getting a little obsessed already and I'm only a few days in. Its good for me though because prior to that I had no awareness and polished off pasties, chocolate bars and fizzy drinks without even a thought about the calories I'm putting in. At least now I'm thinking "if I eat this chocolate bar, I'd have to run for 15 minutes to burn it off". So that's how it's helping me. I'm trying not to get obsessive though and once I've reached my goal weight, I'm going to do all I can to stop myself from moving the goal posts!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    With a splitting headache I once checked the back of the packet of parecetemol to see how many calories 2 tablets contained!
  • EstherRyu
    EstherRyu Posts: 16
    Options
    Yes...i feel like i am, but i don't count on the weekends - but i do stay AWARE.

i feel as if i'm not losing any weight...

i feel obsessed with food....