yuck!

Options
1. THE WORST DRINK IN AMERICA
Cold Stone Creamery Gotta Have It PB&C Shake
2,010 calories
131 g fat (68 g saturated)
153 g sugars

2. WORST SMOOTHIE
Smoothie King’s The Hulk, Strawberry (40 ounces)
2,088 calories
70 g fat (32 g saturated)
240 g sugars

3.WORST ICE BLENDED COFFEE DRINK
Così Gigante Double OH! Arctic (23 ounces)
1,210 calories
19 g fat
259 g carbohydrates

4. WORST FLOAT
Baskin-Robbins
Large Ice Cream Soda with Vanilla Ice Cream Float (32 ounces)
960 calories
40 g fat (25 g saturated, 1.5 g trans)
136 g sugars

:ohwell: :frown: :grumble: :indifferent:

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I feel like i saw something once that said baskin robins had a shake thing that was like 2800 calories or something!!! I don't remember exactly..
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Omg thats almost more than half my calories intake oh my :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    no kidding yuck!!! that hurts my feelings a lil...
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    that is disgusting....i the the government should make laws against that! Also, they need to start having nurtritional info posted along with each food item at every restaurant!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Thats over my entire days worth of calories!

Have you ever looked at IHOPs nutrition facts?
    I used to eat an omelette and most of 3 pancakes there....omg. Luckily I usually didnt eat much for the rest of the day if anything at all but...OMG.
    The omelette I would eat ITSELF is 1343 cal and 85 g fat...and only 2 pancakes is 160 cal, 3 g fat while syrup is 230 call and their butter is 80.
    :grumble: :angry: :sad:
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options

I used to eat an omelette and most of 3 pancakes there....omg. Luckily I usually didnt eat much for the rest of the day if anything at all but...OMG.
    The omelette I would eat ITSELF is 1343 cal and 85 g fat...and only 2 pancakes is 160 cal, 3 g fat while syrup is 230 call and their butter is 80.

And IHOP targets kids with their worst pancake creations :( It's really sad.

Though I'm an avid believer in the healing power of bacon and overeasy eggs. Just no pancakes or toast on the side of that for me, though.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    WHAT???WHOA - that's awful!:noway:

Now I eat 1 or 2 ihop buttermilk pancakse as a treat sometimes but none of the frufru fancy stuff.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    believe it or not tho, the bacon temptation omelette is only 894 cals...
    the one I usually got was the country omelette.
    They have some healthier options but, really, I dont think its worth the money to eat there anymore considering their nutrition facts.

I looked up the facts for pretty much every place I eat and wrote em in the back of my diet tracking notebook. That way if Im on vacation or something I can still try to be sensible and keep track of what Im eating
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Thanks for sharing this info! Looks like Subway is the way to go :ohwell:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    youre welcome! I spent the first weeks of my diet coming up with foods Id love to be eating and finding out what their calories are so that way I knew before someone said "hey lets go get ___"
    Ive even written up the approximations of random take out/restaurant items that I love
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    believe it or not tho, the bacon temptation omelette is only 894 cals...
    the one I usually got was the country omelette.
    They have some healthier options but, really, I dont think its worth the money to eat there anymore considering their nutrition facts.

I looked up the facts for pretty much every place I eat and wrote em in the back of my diet tracking notebook. That way if Im on vacation or something I can still try to be sensible and keep track of what Im eating

that's smart. i should do that...
  • Jovialation
    Options
    its really really easy to find the facts for your favorite foods just by googling em or going to the places website. a lot of places have all their values on the site somewhere!
    and it makes you feel a little less weary about eating some of your favorite foods :laugh:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    its really really easy to find the facts for your favorite foods just by googling em or going to the places website. a lot of places have all their values on the site somewhere!
    and it makes you feel a little less weary about eating some of your favorite foods :laugh:
    That's genius! I'm going to have to do that.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Psst...I make my own FiberOne pancakes with sugar free syrup once in a while...yummy!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    That's genius! I'm going to have to do that.
    haha thanks...good luck with that! :flowerforyou:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Mint OREO® Shake (with Premium Churned Light Mint OREO® ice cream) - Medium

Serving Size 24 fl oz
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 860 Calories from Fat 200
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 22g 34%
    Saturated Fat 13g 65%
    Trans Fat 0.5g
    Cholesterol 70mg 23%
    Sodium 480mg 20%
    Total Carbohydrates 151g 50%
    Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
    Sugar 134g
    Protein 20g
    Vitamin A 30%
    Vitamin C 8%
    Calcium 70%
    Iron 15%
    Calories per gram:
    Fat 9 Carbohydrate 4 Protein 4
    *Percent Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be different depending on your calorie needs.
    Calorie: 2,000 2,500
    Total Fat Less than 65g 80g
    Saturated Fat Less than 20g 25g
    Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg
    Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg
    Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
    Dietary Fiber 25g 30g
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

And IHOP targets kids with their worst pancake creations :( It's really sad.

Though I'm an avid believer in the healing power of bacon and overeasy eggs. Just no pancakes or toast on the side of that for me, though.

Oh yeah, I found out the hard way when I ordered an omelette from IHOP. When I was first introduced to Low Carb as a newly diagnosed diabetic. Ordered a ham and cheese omelette and a side order of bacon, NO potatos or toast for me.

A while later after eating it - tested my blood sugar and it was sky high and I felt sick, which it shouldn't have been........Called IHOP and asked them what is in the food that I ordered. That is when I found out that they put pancake battter in their omelette mixture, thats how they are so light, thick and fluffy. :explode: :explode:

I told them that they need to disclose this information to their customers or put it on the menu some where because that is misleading that you think your omelette is going to be eggs, ham and cheese, nothing more, nothing less.