Low Carb / Low fat & High protien diets out there?

Options
Hi there,

I am wondering if there are any MFP friends that can help me out with food diaries... I am looking to connect to people that are doing more or less a Low Carb/ Low fat / High protien diet that have open diaries that I can get some ideas from.

I am 5' 3.5" and more or less stuck at about 147 pounds. I work out 5 or 6 days a week / 2 hours. I take classes, do cardio, dancing and lift some weights. Someone at the gym said my carbs were way too high (over 110 a day)
They suggested to go low carb for a while, or just eat carbs with 1 meal only.
I agree, I think my carbs have been too high for weight loss.
My protien is good, I'd say about 100 + per day. I'm just a little stuck and hoping I can look at some food diaries to help me along.
I'm also trying to stay between 1200- 1400 calories a day. I really want to get to my next goal of 140 :)

Thanks in advance :) Feel free to connect to me if you are in the same boat. I try to log everyday, Thanks !

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi :-)

you can have a look at mine. I am usually sticking to 1200-1400 a day, with a 33/33/34 to 25/25/50 split in favour of protein. It really works for me. If I go any higher in carbs I stop losing. I rely a LOT on yogurt and nuts, whey protein, eggs and chicken. I only have starchy carbs with lunch, and limit fruit to 2 a day. I've also replaced my skim milk with almond milk. I rely a little to much on artificial sweeteners such as splenda and stevia though. And I add psyllium husks to my shakes to up the fiber a bit. It's a little boring, but I like boring!
  • SparklyGem
    Options
    Hi Coco_Puff!

I've just started following the Dukan diet which is high protein, low carb and low fat. I'm just about to go into the 'cruise phase' which allows you to alternate pure protein days with protein and veg (non-starchy only). It's working really well and I find it super simple to follow as I love cooking and eat all kinds of meat and fish.

I found the recipes on this site to be really useful and tasty: http://www.dukanized.com/main dishes.htm
    I just made the meatballs for my dinner YUM! :)

I'm 5'2" and was 146lb when I started a week ago, I've lost 6lb already (although I realise most of this will be water retention etc!) I cycle to work and back everyday (12mile round trip) and run twice a week but I just wasn't losing anything before even though I was watching what I ate. I feel like I've got a lot more energy now and like the fact my weight is finally heading in the right direction!

Hope this helps, good luck!
  • Justin031811
    Options
    I try to stick to my paleo diet (no carbs, no wheat, etc.) Add me! =)
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I'd really recommend it, but check out "The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet" by Dr. Irwin Stillman. This used to be really big back in the late 60s through the 70s. It was exactly the diet you describe. low-carb, low-fat, & high protein. Your local library probably has a copy.
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the info so far ! I will definitely check all this out :) Awesome !