Can working count as exercising????

Options
I work at Lowe's and I am on my feet for at least 7-8 hours and I and always moving around doing this or that. My question is can I count that as burning calories and exercising? If so what is the best way to do it... I want to count it right if I can and not over count... HEELLPPP

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Just make it a part of your lifestyle.. So instead of a sedentary profile on MFP, make it lightly active or active..

That will account for the calories burned during work.
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I wiuldnt count it as exercise. But i would count it into your activity level. I too work in retail and am on my feet running around all day. So i have my activity level set to lightly active instead of sedentary. Honestly there will be no real accurate way to count what you burn unless you wore a hrm to work... So i would just up your activity level so its included in your daily cals.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I wiuldnt count it as exercise. But i would count it into your activity level. I too work in retail and am on my feet running around all day. So i have my activity level set to lightly active instead of sedentary. Honestly there will be no real accurate way to count what you burn unless you wore a hrm to work... So i would just up your activity level so its included in your daily cals.

Even wearing an HRM to work wouldn't do it because it's not really exercise.. the HRM would consider it rest, and HRM's are not meant to be worn during rest periods.

The only way would be to invest in Body Bugg/Body Media Fit.