Sad story, 650lb guy loses 400 regains 250

Options
Really sad story, and familiar to a lot of us, though usually not so extreme.

This poor guy weighed 650lbs, took it off, and is morbidly obese again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2155472/The-way-Im-going-Im-going-live-longer-Why-TVs-650lb-Virgin--lost-400lbs-love--morbidly-obese-more.html

Replies

• westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    OMG, I cant even read that!!!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It was a special on TLC years ago, which I watched... So sad to see this.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I saw that on the one of the entertainment shows last night. Very sad.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    sad
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    It's clear he needs to seek some kind of therapy for his food addiction. I hope he does that this time for his own sake.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    It just goes to show that getting skinny or "hot" isn't going to make it all better. You have to learn to love yourself no matter what. If you can't fight your inner demons they'll take over.
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Being sucessful at losing weight is not just taking the pounds off but liking the new person you've become. When the scales say the number you've always wanted, you still have a lifetime of healthy living to work on every day. It's really sad for him and a warning for all of us MFPs.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow I remember this story, so sad!!! I believe he is friends with Chris Powell - the trainer who is now transforming lives on extreme makeover weight loss. Chris has my heart because you can clearly tell that he see's the people for people and he knows the journey and how hard it is...
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    this is literally heart breaking.........
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I hope he can get this under control again. But this could be a cautionary tale for all of us - that the challenges don't necessarily end when we finally hit our goal weight.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    So sad : (
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    It just goes to show that getting skinny or "hot" isn't going to make it all better. You have to learn to love yourself no matter what. If you can't fight your inner demons they'll take over.

This.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I was so rooting for him when I first watched his transformation. I hope he is able to lose it again and keep it off this time.
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    wow, that's so sad :/
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I cried as I watched the news segment last night. So sad to hear his story. He just couldn't cope with being a handsome young man. I hope he can get the help he needs to get "rid" of it, and not just lose it to find it again. It was nice to see that his girlfriend is sticking with him thru this.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Not implausible though. The last thing he said makes a lot of sense. You need to build up your inside before you can build up your outside. If you're not ready for it emotionally then it's not something you can maintain physically. Mindset is a huge part of it. He was under a lot of pressure. I'm just glad he's going to try again. Sucks about the excess skin though. :(
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Get your mind in the game and the body will follow
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Kudos to his girlfriend for sticking by him! Not many people these days would have done that.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I watched this special years ago... very depressing to see this.
  • joelthecannon
    Options
    It is a shame. He probably is an emotional eater. In addition, his problems within were not fixed after he lost the weight. Thus, he gained over half his weight back. :(