Should I continue pushing?

Options
Beginning of last week, one of my best friends enlisted me as her workout/weight loss buddy. I was thrilled because thus far in my journey I had been doing it all on my own. The first week was great; she wanted to start slow so we went on brisk 1 hour walks every day except the weekend.

However, this week things got weird… Monday, I texted her asking if she wanted to go for a walk. No reply all day. Tuesday, again, a simple message saying, “walk today?” No reply again. Wednesday, I decided not to push it and besides, it was raining. She ended up texting me about something else. After the conversation I asked if she wanted to walk soon. She replied with “Not today, it’s raining.” Today, no more rain, gorgeous day out, again I send her the simple “walk today?” text. No reply.

I want to push her and motivate her because I would hope she would do the same for me if I needed it. However, at the same time, I don’t want to push her to the point where she ignores me or thinks I’m nagging her. I know beginning this journey is really something she needs to be in charge of and ultimately, I can’t force her to do anything. I just want to motivate her and get her enthusiasm back to where it was in week 1.

Should I continue pushing or just back off?

Replies

• Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of when me and my mate used to go gym i texted him and said 'lets meet up and be at the gym at 9am' he lost motivation after aday and i mean it can also bring you down when your mates lose motivation. Hence why i prefer to workout at home on my own. As for your mate try to motivate her but really she has to dig deep and motivate herself before you can really help her. If you find she has given up completely try to find another friend or try to workout solo :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You are a good friend to want her to do this with you but I think you should back off. If, when, she's ready, she'll let you know.