Motivation pictures?

Jovialation
Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I dont know if theres been a topic like this and if so Im sorry but I thought itd be good if we found past pictures of ourselves, pictures of friends, pics of celebs, etc that motivate us or motivated us originally to have a lifestyle change!

for example...
PB050004.jpg
PC150013.jpg
thats me in 2006

Id kill for that again. Those pants are size 3! Granted, they were from Hot Topic so somewhere like Kohls theyd probably be a size 6...but still! I want that back so bad.

Replies

• I don't really have any pictures, but sometimes I watch boxing and mma, and seeing their strength and agility really motivates me to work harder. Especially when it's someone beautiful like Gina Carano.

http://www.mmafighting.com/photos/gina-carano

I know if she can go out there and fight, then I can certainly at least get into shape.
  • I don't have any good pictures of myself on my computer. Sorrys. =( However, I've been 120 before and I'm currently 120 right now (lost those first 5 lbs). Even when I was working out several times per week and swimming 4x week for gym, I don't believe I ever looked as good as I do RIGHT NOW and my measurements are proof of that. I wasn't eating well during school. And definitely wasn't getting enough protein and fats (esp. the fats).

Healthy eating habits + exercise = a healthier and stronger body!

Trust me if you stick to it. You will look and feel BETTER once you reach your goal of 120 than you ever did at that weight before.
  • Jovialation
    Im already feeling better and looking better...its just the patience thing. I am a HORRIBLY impatient human being. Its amazing how badly I want results and want them now.
    I see "if every day were like today youd be 144 pounds in 5 weeks" and I get saddened because thats not enough....even tho I know thats 15 pounds in 5 weeks.
  • Im already feeling better and looking better...its just the patience thing. I am a HORRIBLY impatient human being. Its amazing how badly I want results and want them now.
    I see "if every day were like today youd be 144 pounds in 5 weeks" and I get saddened because thats not enough....even tho I know thats 15 pounds in 5 weeks.
    Think of it this way. It is possible to lose a great deal of weight really fast. But that would only be achievable through starvation tactics and dehydration. You'll be losing water and muscle!!! Your metabolism will also take a dive (the less muscle the slower your metabolism). Once you start eating more than that, you will gain gain gain gain gain all in the form of fat. You will be fatter (body percentage wise) than you were before and with less muscle. Your metabolism will be slower as you starved yourself and lost some muscle and now you will have to starve even more to loss weight. And the destructive cycle continues.
    Patience, hard working, and perseverance by doing things the healthy way is the only way for you to be able to eat more, get healthier and stronger, BURN FAT, GAIN MUSCLE, and have a better metabolism. You will never get six abs or a defined body through fast weight loss.
  • Shakes
    Shakes Posts: 54
    update: I cant get the picture to upload...what gives? lol
  • Jovialation
    Im already feeling better and looking better...its just the patience thing. I am a HORRIBLY impatient human being. Its amazing how badly I want results and want them now.
    Think of it this way. It is possible to lose a great deal of weight really fast. But that would only be achievable through starvation tactics and dehydration. You'll be losing water and muscle!!! Your metabolism will also take a dive (the less muscle the slower your metabolism). Once you start eating more than that, you will gain gain gain gain gain all in the form of fat. You will be fatter (body percentage wise) than you were before and with less muscle. Your metabolism will be slower as you starved yourself and lost some muscle and now you will have to starve even more to loss weight. And the destructive cycle continues.
    Patience, hard working, and perseverance by doing things the healthy way is the only way for you to be able to eat more, get healthier and stronger, BURN FAT, GAIN MUSCLE, and have a better metabolism. You will never get six abs or a defined body through fast weight loss.
    thanks! I needed that reminder...I used to yo yo my weight all over the place when I lived off of candy and whatever I could eat at the various jobs I had.
  • Jovialation
    Im down for some motivational pictures! This was taken in 2006. I was the Candy Cane Queen in "The Nutcracker" Im guessing around 150lb solid muscle in this pic! Oh....and my mommy with me:blushing:

meandmama.jpg

I fixed it for you and my goodness thats gorgeous
  • Shakes
    how??? im silly :blushing:
  • Jovialation
    all you had to do is make the IMG lower case in the code...I have no idea why the coding on this board works like that Ive never been on a message board that didnt accept the uppercase code.
    (Im a nerd sorry)
  • Shakes
    thanks! by the way, your av picture is hott:devil: i love the piercing and especially the eye shadow
  • Jovialation
    why thank you!:flowerforyou:
    that was taken the day after I got the piercing...you cant really see if but my lip was soooo swollen
This discussion has been closed.