How do you know you're done?

Options
124»

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I love what was posted earlier about training yourself to hear when your body is full. I have tried to do the same, but it has taken a while. It has been said thousands of times, but I truly believe willpower is like a muscle. Work it out and you will be stronger.

We have to understand that most of us have been conditioned our whole lives to 'clean your plate', not to be wasteful etc. The other one that I personally believe sets up bad food associations is the threat of not having dessert until you finish your dinner. Effectively making the good nutritious food the necessary torture you must endure to get to the tasty stuff! But that's a whole other issue for a different thread :P

I think you kinda hit the nail on the head there. I have tried the "save for later" approach. I am typically fine if I don't fill out my plate and just put a wee bit in it. But if I fill out my plate, I HAVE to finish it. This is the reason I don't buy the bigger bags because I know I will eat them all at once as soon as its open. Or If I buy a larger thing of icecream rather than the small bar, I will try and make that tub of icecream my meal...

Its very much so a training for me. I am trying to train myself via eating small but multiple meals throughout the day and saving myself the treats (150 calories 1% chocolate milk in most cases) for the end of the day if I have calories left) but I know that if I bring a big item that is supposed to be eaten in multiple sittings, it'll be all gone in one serving.