New and Needing Friends and support

Options
Hello,

I signed up about a year ago but never got around to doing anything. I really need to get the weight off. I work all day...sitting behind a desk. I find it really hard to gain the motivation and energy to get going with exercise. I know once I can get motivated to start...and see results...I will want it more...but getting started....UGG!

I was having some stomach issues a few weeks ago and have completely cut all red meat out of my diet. I am starting to feel better already. We eat mostly veggies, fruits, organic and whole grain. I think my problem is lack of exercise and not eating enough (believe it or not - unless I am crazy)

I usually eat a pack of oatmeal and a small thing of yogurt in the morning after coffee. For lunch I have a small salad (oil & vinegar dressing) or some hummus on crackers. At night, we have a lot of veggies with a little pasta or rice, sometimes with baked chicken cut up or shrimp.

I guess I just don't get it. When I was young, I never thought I would have to deal with weight issues. When I look at pictures of myself when I was a teenager...I now think I was too skinny. Now here I am...borderline obese.

I am hoping that in making a commitment to myself to start doing this...I will begin to learn and get better.

Wish me luck!
Jo

Replies

• 135gratitude
    Options
    Good luck and welcome!

This site is amazing, with supportive people, and all the tools you need for success.

I too signed up in the winter, then didn't actually start until the end of June, but I am six weeks in, and feeling AMAZING!!! You too will have great success, and achieve whatever physique you want!!!

Mail anytime you need support - I jumped in this time with two feet, and just decided to "take care of it" and I have never looked back.

I wish you GREAT success!
    Betty
    :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises.

One thing that helped me was to eliminate sugar, artificial sweeteners, and caffeine.

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • cboehm
    cboehm Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi I can so relate I look back on pictures of being a teenager and I think wow I used to be stress I was fat and I weighted 115 pounds well 4 kids later and into my 30's I would just like to feel good in a pair of jeans. I too can use the support to kick me in my butt when I would rather eat some cookies then go for a run. I have 10 more pounds of baby weight to drop and then Iam back to pre baby form but my body is pretty sure it would like to hold on to every bit of fat just in case... I think it will be a tough rough road to kick these last 10 pounds to the way side. This is about the rest of my life not just a diet !!! SO glad you joined this is an amazing site with so much support - please email or add as a friend if you are looking for support.. All the best