book recommendations

Options
13»

Replies

• shortandfaithful
    Options
    I am an Amish Fiction all the way reader and I just finshed book 3 of Shades of Grey, couldn't put them down. Loved them, how can you not be intriqued by a story like that? Besides I don't want to read about a life just like mine, how boring I live that everyday. besides my guy deffinitly has nothing negative to say about me reading the triology either...... :blushing:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I just read American Sniper, it was an amazing true story.
    I am now reading "Post Apocalyptic Nomadic Warrior", which is sci fi comedy book.
  • JMT2711
    JMT2711 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Daughters For A Time" by Jennifer Handford....an incredibly poignant and very well-written story...please check it out! But prepare to grab a box of tissues to have near you...it's a sad one (happy, too :) )
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I've read 50 shades, it was poorly written but fantastically enjoyable.
    Snow White series.
    Black Dagger Brotherhood
    Scansguard Vampires
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've read 50 shades, it was poorly written but fantastically enjoyable.
    Snow White series.
    Black Dagger Brotherhood
    Scansguard Vampires

Black Dagger seconded! (JR Ward)
    Janet Evanovich for beach reading, Dorthea Benton Frank for good stories - Sullivan's Island, Plantation, Shem Creek
    Gil McNeil - The Beach Street Knitting Society
    John Hart - The Last Child
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I LOVED, "The Art of Racing in the Rain". If you like dogs at all you will LOVE this book. You will laugh out loud and probably shed a tear but it's a wonderful read or audio book.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Jen Lancaster is hysterical!!!

This!!! You will literally LOL with her, even in a public place. You won't care who's around. She has such a nice writing style, too.

I also love Alice Hoffman.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I like The Vanished Man and The Devil's Teardrop by Jeffery Deaver

American Assassin by Vince Flynn
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I third the black dagger brotherhood. I also enjoy the Sookie Stackhouse series. OH and the Fever series!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Oh so THAT's why every woman on Earth is reading it... I did wonder.
    Hm, not every one.

However, if you (people reading this thread, not you necessarily, ironanimal) enjoy that, check out the Sleeping Beauty trilogy by A.N. Roquelaire (better known as Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire et al.)

I didn't read them, either. I did however read the Sleeping Beauty series.:bigsmile:

My go to authors are Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn kenyon, JR Ward, Larissa Ione etc.

LunaPhaedre, have you read Kushiel's series by Jacqueline Carey? Her main character's name is Phédre.
  • LunaPhaedra
    LunaPhaedra Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh so THAT's why every woman on Earth is reading it... I did wonder.
    Hm, not every one.

However, if you (people reading this thread, not you necessarily, ironanimal) enjoy that, check out the Sleeping Beauty trilogy by A.N. Roquelaire (better known as Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire et al.)

I didn't read them, either. I did however read the Sleeping Beauty series.:bigsmile:

My go to authors are Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn kenyon, JR Ward, Larissa Ione etc.

LunaPhaedre, have you read Kushiel's series by Jacqueline Carey? Her main character's name is Phédre.

Can't say I have. but now i'm reading about it on wikipedia :laugh: I guess that that's what this page os for, right? thanks for the recomendation :smile: